the pilot bearing...

Hope the bearing supplier was at least a koyo, or skf bearing. Gotta be careful, lot of chinese counterfeit bearings flooding the market now that look packaged just like the originals.

I'm curious. This was a suggested diagnosis many months ago. A $9 part has caused what other problems.

What is the total repair cost including the other affected parts? More than $9.

I know its difficult to avoid picking up pennies while stepping over dollars.

@tacojoel. Is the picture of the worn out bearing shoulder on the shaft his???

I've been on Holiday for the past 10 days. I saw that and wondered if it was from the pilot bearing on the input shaft.

Cool choice. Save $9 bucks, rebuild a trans.......

It's anywhere from six to nine hours time for a schooled pro to install new pilot bearing

God save the MT o_O

15 hours is approximately what was quoted for that task
Plus parts, obviously!

So, you traded 6-9 hours and a $9 part for 15 hours and many parts.

What was the quote for the trans parts????

Just want to be sure I understand the result of reaching for arbitrary mileage goals while postponing needed work.

Gotta be one of the most expensive gen1 tacoma's to own by now. There's something to be said that commonsense is uncommon.

Hope the bearing supplier was at least a koyo, or skf bearing. Gotta be careful, lot of chinese counterfeit bearings flooding the market now that look packaged just like the originals.

it was OEM from the Yota dealer

That means nothing unless you read who the bearing manufacture is. Even Toyota can source cheaper manufactured bearings, just as other manufactures do. I recently ordered bearings for a honda product, and wasn't thrilled when I found out they were made by a mexican bearing manufacture that came in a honda wrapper.

that verbal quoted 15 hours could have likely included the 6-9 hours for removal/reinstall
i was not very clear on that exactly

Back