the pilot bearing...

Why not replace that whole clapped out engine to...you don't want to mate a freshly rebuilt tranny to an old used up motor. While at it...maybe just as well take off the radiator cap, and replace a whole new truck under it.

engine is likely ok (just barely broken in some would say)
other than another developing VCG weep after 225k miles since the 1st weep popped up

compression #s done not too long ago were decent considering

it does not burn oil that is noticeable so that is good thing

i do NOT and have NOT ever subjected the engine to very short trips without fully warmup
so theres near-zero chance of any sludge buildup inside of it

how can you inspect all of that stuff to see if worn out or not
i would like to know so it can be checked and maintenanced properly

if good oil is used and regular changed i thot it will greatly reduce wear
blackStone lab samples have shown very little wear items so far!

how can you inspect all of that stuff to see if worn out or not
i would like to know so it can be checked and maintenanced properly

if good oil is used and regular changed i thot it will greatly reduce wear
blackStone lab samples have shown very little wear items so far!
You can't...it's why from past experience I've learned to unload a vehicle when it gets around 250k miles while you can still get something for it. Anyone with common vehicle knowledge doesn't look to buy a vehicle over that unless desperate, or deep pockets....and I don't know a lot of those folks.

I had a box of various lengths of old electrical cable wire with a copper core I pulled when I was doing electrical work. I brought it to the scrap place here where they weighed it...got nearly a Benjamin for all of it.

Cu scrap is BIG $$$. Al follows closely behind. Steel is pretty much the bottom.

Cu and Al are prime metals in the electrical arena. Big demand.

A few years back I took a set (4) Al rims to the recycler. Got a pinch over a C note.

could it have been the input shaft bearing failing wobbling and roached that pilot bearing?
this is whacky whacky :(

I hope you are not correct about the trucks engine, tacoJoel
I just priced out what the rebuild and install is gonna cost as of today :oops:
Still it cost very much less than new pickup but wow!

Face up to it, your engine is now on borrowed time....it's like some people live till their 80's, and some to a 100, or so. Of course they're always that oddball that lives to 105+. At least with engines you can rebuild them, or replace them.

so i bot another pilot bearing from the yota dealer since it is not all that much (less than 10$ with discount)

this one is black inner and not blue inner like the other one being installed currently
it also came in a bubble wrap Yota package and not the red Yota box like the other one did

I've mentioned it before...be careful there's a lot of counterfeit bearings that are not toyota packaged ones, but resemble them. You want to see the manufactures name on the bearing itself. Should be NSK, or another Japanese manufacture.

this pilot bearing is so SMALL i cannot make out any of the writing of manufacture like koyo or the nsk

Use a magnifying glass if that helps. If you can't see any identification, chances are its a bogus chinese or indian bearing.

why would genuine Toyota parts dealership git involved with fakey bogus knockoffs?

Back