Tools...

for some reason i keep looking at this
could work if you have to be on the edge of driveway concrete with no place to roll the floor jack on the grassy side

https://www.eastwood.com/powerbuilt-6000lb-unijack-620471.html

p56663_2.jpg

p56663_1.jpg

p56663_2.jpg

Don't get into automotive. It easy to change springs on bikes, or snowmobiles without a spring compressor.

Don't get into automotive. It easy to change springs on bikes, or snowmobiles without a spring compressor.

the truck is needing new front shock absorbers, right now i have some monroe quikstruts from AAP that i am figuring putting on soon to see if it eliminates the most severe vibes & banging going on the local broken roads, so I would not need a spring compressor to swap those monroe's out
IF the monroe's do not much or do not last so long then I was going to try KYB brand, which i would need a spring compressor and get a look at the top hot mount part, which maybe the part bang banging IDK! i had several shops look at it and there is no confidence with these parts changers, just an estimated bill ranging 700$ to 900$ :confused: to change the front shock absorbers strut.

also the corolla has 4 springs which the rear ones are in much need of new struts, still original they are
the front I was trying some DuraLast strut assemblies but i have no clue about the quality of those, unfortunately i turned in the original Toyota springs on that car to get a decent deal on the DuraLast assemblies

the truck is needing new front shock absorbers, right now i have some monroe quikstruts from AAP that i am figuring putting on soon to see if it eliminates the most severe vibes & banging going on the local broken roads, so I would not need a spring compressor to swap those monroe's out
IF the monroe's do not much or do not last so long then I was going to try KYB brand, which i would need a spring compressor and get a look at the top hot mount part, which maybe the part bang banging IDK! i had several shops look at it and there is no confidence with these parts changers, just an estimated bill ranging 700$ to 900$ :confused: to change the front shock absorbers strut.

also the corolla has 4 springs which the rear ones are in much need of new struts, still original they are
the front I was trying some DuraLast strut assemblies but i have no clue about the quality of those, unfortunately i turned in the original Toyota springs on that car to get a decent deal on the DuraLast assemblies
I used similar monroe struts on my tundra. They worked as well as the oem ones. I went with those as the original oem springs were toast at 160k miles. Would of replaced them with kyb struts otherwise. At any rate the monroe's came with the springs already installed so it was a no brainer.

I used similar monroe struts on my tundra. They worked as well as the oem ones. I went with those as the original oem springs were toast at 160k miles. Would of replaced them with kyb struts otherwise. At any rate the monroe's came with the springs already installed so it was a no brainer.
Toasted by rusted crust?

Toasted by rusted crust?
No, springs were sacked out after the struts compression, and rebound was wasted. I ran them till the lower rubber mounting bushings were no longer there. Rust wasn't an issue. I fluid flimed the truck every year starting 2 years after i owned it. It had some surface rust throughout the chassis underside, but the body was flawless.

I got those t handles in craftsman, and in 3/8 sockets both in allen, and torx when i raced bikes, and snowmobiles.
for whatever reason Toyota chose to use a T30 to fasten the brake rotor dust shields to the knuckles on the car and the truck, i don't know how they chose to attach them in the new millennium lol
but its the only place i have found so far on the vehicle where a T30 Torx Star bit is needed

No, springs were sacked out after the struts compression, and rebound was wasted. I ran them till the lower rubber mounting bushings were no longer there. Rust wasn't an issue. I fluid flimed the truck every year starting 2 years after i owned it. It had some surface rust throughout the chassis underside, but the body was flawless.

i know the Gen2 Tacoma springs can rust real bad, i saw it at the salvage yard! the coating just falling apart peeling off

i know the Gen2 Tacoma springs can rust real bad, i saw it at the salvage yard! the coating just falling apart peeling off
They were easy to get at and spray with fluid flim on my tundra. The black paint was still there under all the dirt after 19 years if you wiped the coils good.

for whatever reason Toyota chose to use a T30 to fasten the brake rotor dust shields to the knuckles on the car and the truck, i don't know how they chose to attach them in the new millennium lol
but its the only place i have found so far on the vehicle where a T30 Torx Star bit is needed
This is super tight on here :mad: soaking in lube
brake rotor deflector on knuckle of corolla
IMG_20220819_130501_365.jpg

Last edited:
Back