Tools...

Maybe drill them out?
High torqued from the yota factory
One of the 3 already started stripping :confused:
Its why you should of immediately put the heat to them and used a torx and ratchet on them. Sometimes it helps hitting them with a hammer after soaking them for awhile with pb blaster. Drilling is always my last resort.

Forgot to add if your handy with a welder, you could weld another bolt to those stripped heads, and try to break them loose.

Forgot to add if your handy with a welder, you could weld another bolt to those stripped heads, and try to break them loose.

its also very possible they have sorme sort of thread locker on them from factory install.
the new OEM torx bolts bot from Toyota have some reddish stuff on the threads upon inspecting last evening

IMG_2562.JPG

IMG_2564.JPG

Last edited:
Its why you should of immediately put the heat to them and used a torx and ratchet on them. Sometimes it helps hitting them with a hammer after soaking them for awhile with pb blaster. Drilling is always my last resort.

i was warned somewhere about heating a knuckle and doing damage

there is extremely limited clearance around the hub on that knuckle, the shaft of the tool i was using was rubbing on the edge of that hub!! no clue how you could get a real ratchet extension to hit that spot head on
so far i think we are up to nearly 10 bolts that have had to be drilled out of this car because the head busted off :mad:
i was super stoked that i had NO issues with the fuel tank strap bolts, all came out smoothly going slow by hand with a long breaker. shops warned me those strap bolts would break and have to drill them out lol

Without seeing whats there, i guess you have a better idea what has to be done. I probably would have thrown in the towel by now and bought new parts, or at least looked for used ones somewhere.

12408898_ddp_dhp55099_pri_larg.jpg

i suppose that one can use an impact socket with a regular ratchet/breaker bar
will this marr up some powdercoated wheel lug nuts if used with hand tools, i think its a 6pt

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...ep-impact-socket-set-21mm-dhp55099/12408898-P

I would think it eventually would. I never had any issues with the chrome lug nuts on my tundra. So far even these black chrome like lug nuts on my 2020 tacoma have held up fine. I would think eventually their going to have issues.

the OEM black lugs in the front have weathered 25+ years
i bot some new DorMan lugs since the Toyota lugs are close to 8$ each... thats a lot of coin!
DorMan were about 2$ each iirc
but the coating on these DorMan look very thin at best

dorMan lugs nuts taco.JPG

this is what the front lugs looked like as of a year ago
another year of weathering on them...
IMG_7073.JPG

Over 900$ for this after fees
867$ before fees
Could it pay for itself over a few short years
Is there better equipment out there for suspension work?
https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-24860-Operated-Spring-Compressor/dp/B00X9LZMS2

View attachment 33931
https://www.tooldiscounter.com/prod...xdQERylVS9L6Ca7OfczETqTwQY3FRIJEaAqtoEALw_wcB

then you have this OTC for a bit over 1000$ (over 1200$ if gothru Grainger)

https://www.otctools.com/products/strut-tamer-ii-extreme-stand

but i do not note a safety cage onit?
otc6637-st.jpg

Yeah you could, i didn't know exactly what your working on.

i've been toiling at removing the roasted bearing from an old weathered gen7 Corolla knuckle but that brake dust shield may be in the way of securing it on the press

Offset box wrench's? Thought everyone has some of those.
Not I nor my nephew LOL
There were some minor issues getting the rear-most top nuts off the front shock assemblies and getting them back on with sockets
So I am curious if those offset would work better for a good swing

Back