Tools...

You give the appearance of being a tool salesman of some company when you post that many pics, thats all.

Your brain is your best tool....try not to let your wallet interfere buying tools you'll never need, or use just once.

i would need a tool to properly push back in the extended pistons on these calipers without damaging anything
the brake fluid level in the resevoir is halfway between the min and max
which i would think to be significant travel on those pistons?

Large flat screwdriver, or bicycle tire iron works fine. This ain't brain surgery. Make sure you remove some brake fluid from the reservoir first, if it had been topped off. Leave the cap off also when GENTEELLY compressing back the caliper pistons. When finished replacing the pads, don't forget to top off the brake reservoir with dot 4 fluid.

i've seen on some uTubes a LARGEjaw groove joint pliers used to push the pistons back... i do not think the craftsman groove joint pliers i currently have opens that wide

this is the largest that tekTon has

16" at 35$
is it too big for this application
i reckon it is

1702821968341.png

I don't think so. Have you ever taken an online quiz for what type of tool is pictured, and what its use is?

i shall need one of these for the brake caliper bolts on the upcoming gen2 rotor swap maintenance
misplaced the chrome 17mm i had that was a 12pt in the 1/2 inch
6pt is better for more grip on semi-crusty bolt

1704461773675.png

you have a neat selection of tools but no pics of them
we like pics here at TF!

Last edited:
Call me old school, I don't get my jollies from pictures when the actual work needs to get done. Thats the trouble with these young guys today...they play on their phones texting, and taking pics while nothing gets done. Gotta wait till you retire...get old, and senile like me to do that stuff.

any thots on this product?
looks to be half the cost of CRC brakleen

32$ for a dozen

1704552136584.png

Why on earth would you need 12 cans of brake clean????

If you gots loose $$ laying about looking for a place to go. Send some my way. Looking at Tacoma insurance due to relocation.....'bout filled my britches.......was $522/year......most recent quote for same coverage is $1464/year. The $522 is for 2024, not ages ago.

Yeah a 300% increase.................still shopping around.....but I suspect I won't reduce the premium much.

Back