Tools...

Why on earth would you need 12 cans of brake clean????

If you gots loose $$ laying about looking for a place to go. Send some my way. Looking at Tacoma insurance due to relocation.....'bout filled my britches.......was $522/year......most recent quote for same coverage is $1464/year. The $522 is for 2024, not ages ago.

Yeah a 300% increase.................still shopping around.....but I suspect I won't reduce the premium much.
Tell me about it. I bundle my home, vehicles, and toys with geico, but their cost increases are beginning to wear me thin. I'm thinking of going with MGM like my brother has.

I did a quickie look at The General...... Not good. $1200/year with 1/10th the coverage. Pretty weak value.

State Farm wasn't bad the last time I got a quote from them, but so far geico has been the lowest for the same coverage.

lots of cleaning to do
those spray cans do NOT last all that long in my course of cleaning

Why do you use so much? That stuff is not good for your health to handle. I'm lucky if a use a can in 5 years.

Brake dust is bad!
And is the best thing going to remove the woolWax product as necessary it just melts that stuff away

What do you do with the melted WoolWax? Just toss it in the trash???

You're likely dealing with a hazardous substance that needs specific disposal. What does the WoolWax can say about disposal?

rag it off, usually

its nothing more than sheep fat
but i have not inspected any disposal stuff instructions, it never occurred to me :confused:

Brake dust is bad!
And is the best thing going to remove the woolWax product as necessary it just melts that stuff away
Woolwax is lanolin based, generally environmentally safe, but using all that brake cleaner is not, so it makes no sense using it. You can pressure wash the woolwax away if needed.

not the HV woolWax product in my trial and error expermenting
it is extremely thickish and gums up to soapy water where no regular wash hose will wash it off
that is why it stays put STUCK in the high-wash wheelhouse areas
but i do not have a pressure washer to use and try that theory out
and there still may be a film of it on the paint without using a chemical removal

What's soapy water to do with this?...I said to use a pressure washer...preferably a good strong one that just uses plain water from your house outdoor faucet. When I had lanolin based fluid film which is similar on my tundra, my pressure washer just blew that stuff off.

i thought that soapy water and a scrubby sponge would readily remove the WW stuff
and i was mistaken!

this could come in handy 4 knockin' out those stubborn cotter key pins?

1704647043219.png

450c in the bargain discontinue bin

tryin' to fill out an order here an avoid the "small package fee" without going too far over the minimum...

Looking at Tacoma insurance due to relocation.....'bout filled my britches.......was $522/year......most recent quote for same coverage is $1464/year. The $522 is for 2024, not ages ago.

Yeah a 300% increase.................still shopping around.....but I suspect I won't reduce the premium much.

522$ a year? is it for liability only?

what insurance carrier would give you that

522$ a year? is it for liability only?

what insurance carrier would give you that
Nope. Full Coverage.

Bodily Injury 250,000/500,000
Property Damage 100,000
Uninsured and Under Insured Motorist 250,000/500,000
Medical Payments 10,000/person
Comp Cash-100
Collision Cash-250
Road Trouble Reasonable Costs

Premium $522/yr

This is bundled with the house, 2 other cars and a motorcycle.

If thats the total premium cost for all that...imo you were getting a deal. My total cost for nearly the same bundled up coverage is $1300, and change. I don't think you got screwed with the new rate...thats just what is charged today, at least in our most expensive state to live in..

If thats the total premium cost for all that...imo you were getting a deal. My total cost for nearly the same bundled up coverage is $1300, and change. I don't think you got screwed with the new rate...thats just what is charged today, at least in our most expensive state to live in..
What you say is likely true. Its just hard to swallow a 3X increase. Anyhow, working with the agent on options. I didn't claim I was being screwed, just amazed at the increase and need to question the agent on premium vs coverage vs carrier.

I want to be sure my $$ are being spent wisely.

Try MJM. I was shocked what my brother paid with mgm to insure his 2 homes, and 3 vehicles vs what he was paying. Just don't expect to pay nearly the same next year....it's why you constantly need to shop around.

Last edited:
The movie people????

We've been with same carrier for many years. We do the competitive shopping....always come back to the carrier. We have had a few claims, all were settled quickly and easily.

The worst claim was when I got rear-ended then shoved into car ahead of me. Resulting in a 5 car pile-up, I was #4. Long story, but just my GMC 2500 HD had a little over $10,000 damage. The ID10T who caused the mess was uninsured and dinking with his cell phone. :mad: Anyhow, dug around in Public records to discover some damning data on the rear-ender. Passed the information to my Adjuster. The 4 carriers collaborated. Got a warrant for the arrest. He was apprehended, served jail time and then had 4 law suits to wrangle with 4 Insurance Carriers. I suspect his wages are garnished for life. My agent kept me informed on the progress of the legal actions.

My truck was fully repaired within 2 weeks of the accident. Damage was extensive. Front clip excluding the hood, engine components back to the serpentine drive and fan, rear suspension, drive train from trans back including rear axle and housing. The rear axle was pushed forward 8 inches. Tow truck had a difficult time loading my truck onto the flatbed. It wouldn't track straight. The truck was definitely in FUBAR land.

Last edited:
Back