Tools...

I use a strong mix of muriatic acid every fall to clean the zebra muscles, and lake scum from the hull of my boat. That stuff smells so bad it'll make you gag, and eyes water. I use goggles when spraying that stuff on.

4500$ for a BadAss workBench

_p_5_p54666.jpg

BADASS Workbench 3BAYSD 8FT LONG - THREE 6 Inch DRAWERS AND FULL SIZE WIRE SHELF - OVERALL DIMENSIONS 96L X 32D X 41H (37.5 Inch WORKING HEIGHT) - 3BAYSD​

BADASS Workbench 3BAYSD 8FT LONG, THREE 6" DRAWERS AND FULL SIZE WIRE SHELF, OVERALL DIMENSIONS 96L X 32D X 41H (37.5" WORKING HEIGHT)

is Kroil the BEST penetrating oil out there available?
Hard to say.

I've used all sorts of "penetrating" products. All seem to work a little. None are what I'd call exceptional.

I currently have a can of PBBlaster. So, far it hasn't phased the bolts on the truck bed. But those things have that funky T-50 head.......difficult to put much torque on without a cam out.......then I'd be screwed. I've got a couple of D-rings to install on the front bed bolts.

I'll prolly end up using a propane torch under the truck while someone runs the wrench in the bed. Hard for me to be in both locations simultaneously.

Hard to say.

I've used all sorts of "penetrating" products. All seem to work a little. None are what I'd call exceptional.

I currently have a can of PBBlaster. So, far it hasn't phased the bolts on the truck bed. But those things have that funky T-50 head.......difficult to put much torque on without a cam out.......then I'd be screwed. I've got a couple of D-rings to install on the front bed bolts.
yeah those bolts on the Gen2 bed are whack on top... what are they torqued at, do you know?
glad the six on my Gen1 are underneath lol

yeah those bolts on the Gen2 bed are whack on top... what are they torqued at, do you know?
glad the six on my Gen1 are underneath lol
Torque is prolly what the shop impact gun was set at......3-4 ughaduga. You know the ol' saying, "If tight is good, then tighter is better."

I didn't think this task would be too terrible. The frame was replaced in Feb 2018. So, the bolts haven't been weathering since 2006. I've been on there with a 3 foot breaker bar, a 250 ftlb air impact gun, had Toyota try........soaking every few days with PBblaster or similar...... I'm just about to the last resort........Heat. But I need a helper.

I can run the torch underneath and I need a gorilla to run the wrench on top. The gorilla needs to have finesse to avoid stripping out the T-50.

quik shipping on that tekTon
It is here already

Last edited:
I just wanted to see what kind of tools an ex dealer yota master might have!

I just wanted to see what kind of tools an ex dealer yota master might have!
I'll wager his tool box is filled with metric tools.................. prolly a DMM, a code reader, rags, lost stuff, pocket knife, odd fasteners and a little pocket change. Maybe a picture or two of his family or dog or hunting kill.

I'll wager his tool box is filled with metric tools.................. prolly a DMM, a code reader, rags, lost stuff, pocket knife, odd fasteners and a little pocket change. Maybe a picture or two of his family or dog or hunting kill.
The FSM for my Corolla hint upon a specialty torque tool time and again and I wanna see it

Back