Tools...

currently 109$ and sum change

marked down 29% from when i added to list 155$ at the start of January'o23

71qqeB2wi3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I grabbed a new 18 volt Ryobi impact driver with the charger, 2 batteries, and a 100 piece kit with all sorts of screwdriver bits, adaptors, drill, and paddle wood bits off eBay for just over a C note. They had this one left that was listed as an open box.

That is a great deal!

I grabbed a new 18 volt Ryobi impact driver with the charger, 2 batteries, and a 100 piece kit with all sorts of screwdriver bits, adaptors, drill, and paddle wood bits off eBay for just over a C note. They had this one left that was listed as an open box.

When it arrived I expected it to be a mess of items all bundled together. Everything was neatly packaged in a large box like new except the impact driver itself had its box that was re-taped shut. It works great being the latest version of this model out there. I lucked out on this one.

i did get one of these in 2o19
it was JANK and promptly returned
hopefully that ball-grip non-ratcheting one is of better Q

619BLlyAtQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

at one time (5(ish)Yrs ago) this was purported to be 'affordable'

its at least 400$ now after porking the local government fees

60240_W3.jpg

Never had much luck owning those ratchet screwdrivers. My latest bottle jack, and these plastic ramps from harbor freight have been good. Just used the bottle jack on the garden tractor not long ago.

Wow!! these are so nice in the hand
Heavy weighted and magnetic
I shall have to compare the like craftsman tools I have like these (non jis) and compare which is heavier weight in hand

IMG_20230312_200000_138.jpg

the fit is buteful!
these fuel pump bracket bolts have not ever been removed in 27+ years

5 were cracked with ease with the new JIS vessel tool... i reckon a standard philips would strip 'em out quickly
there were 3 fasteners that had rusted seized and did not crack with ease like the other 5. Had to employ a different approach
after a massive soak of PBblaster

IMG_7645.JPG

IMG_7646.JPG

So currently I use a Milaukee impact to raise and lower my spare and to raise and lower my jack in addition to removing and replacing lugnuts. But I've never been impressed with any OEM vehicle jack. The manufacturers spend as little on these as possible. So, I've been looking at electric jacks. Does anyone have any experience with these, good or bad.

the fit is buteful!
these fuel pump bracket bolts have not ever been removed in 27+ years

5 were cracked with ease with the new JIS vessel tool... i reckon a standard philips would strip 'em out quickly
there were 3 fasteners that had rusted seized and did not crack with ease like the other 5. Had to employ a different approach
after a massive soak of PBblaster

View attachment 36351

View attachment 36352
If those are actually hex head screws, why are you using a plus screwdriver when a socket ratchet tool would work much better, or even an impact tool.

If those are actually hex head screws, why are you using a Phillips screwdriver when a socket ratchet tool would work much better, or even an impact tool.

coz of the potential rust and i do not have an 8mm 3/8 extension that would fit that cubby under the seat
impact tools can get you in trouble fast with the torque and stripping out stuff you do not want to strip

and the reach! the driver rear door WILL NOT OPEN... i had to reach through window opening with one handed and really muscle it

So currently I use a Milaukee impact to raise and lower my spare and to raise and lower my jack in addition to removing and replacing lugnuts. But I've never been impressed with any OEM vehicle jack. The manufacturers spend as little on these as possible. So, I've been looking at electric jacks. Does anyone have any experience with these, good or bad.

agreed! that the take-down-tool for the gen1 AND gen2 tacoma is retard AND dangerous

i wonder how the AAA folks would take down the spare on a roadside assistance call

if lugs torqued to proper SPEC you really do not need an impact to remove lugs, unless there is massive rust on the threads that a 2" breaker cannot muscle off

Back