Undercoating

You wait until your done driving. Wait until the roads are not sloppy. Then make a trip to the local Pan-N-Spray. Flush as best you can. Go home, It will dry.

Actually, if you have a method to stop, rinse and dry each time you follow a truck or get passed then by all means have at it.

You wait until your done driving. Wait until the roads are not sloppy. Then make a trip to the local Pan-N-Spray. Flush as best you can. Go home, It will dry.

Actually, if you have a method to stop, rinse and dry each time you follow a truck or get passed then by all means have at it.
I have learned too much!

@tacojoel
how about this find from CA
does this interest you?
looks like it was driven a lot on the pacific beaches with all the rott underneath, even the steering rack looks like its weeping

Last edited:
Same issues my tundra had when i sold it, plus it needed a total exhaust system from the engine back. The cost to fix everything was more than it was worth. I didn't have nowhere near the rust this tundra had. He vill have to tell de' owner this tundra is rust bucket. At least the veels look better than the ones on my truck.

is there not a generous used market for an aged Tundra?
the used market for aged Gen1 taco is sometimes silly.

is there not a generous used market for an aged Tundra?
the used market for aged Gen1 taco is sometimes silly.
Idk, but there must be some value as the auto repair shop that bought it no questions asked kept referring to the gen1 tundra as the great one.

Idk, but there must be some value as the auto repair shop that bought it no questions asked kept referring to the gen1 tundra as the great one.
People that have those old T100s got the short stick because of tundra

People that have those old T100s got the short stick because of tundra
A friend of mine bought a 96 T100. It rotted so bad in 7 years he ended up scrapping it. I haven't seen one on the road in at least 15 years. In fact i haven't any toyota trucks pre tacoma either. The salt just disintegate's them.

It's too cold to salt tonight here after midnight
Roads dept says some abrasive sand like substance will be deployed

Been cold here to. Were expecting a massive storm to hit the northeast with high winds, and lots of rain. Seems like each year these weather forecasters have never seen bad weather in their lives, and try to scare the public telling them the end of the world is coming. Heck, i've been through many gully whoppers over the decades...nothing new here.

-12F this morning + 20 to 30mph winds
not much for snow, maybe an inch... so disappointed :confused:
that is NOT wheeling weather i need to truck it out into the neighborhood hills for some exercise and practice controlled spins traction from a stop working the stick

so much different to deep snow wheel with a 5sp stick than the AT is, takes MUCH more skillz as yer wheeling with one hand usually maintaining control whilst rowing the gears with the other hand

Last edited:
i've never been in a gully whopper !!!

all i've seen is 10ft powdered snow drifts in the Michigan U.P. by lake superior
and 26 below zero F in Sioux Falls SD with wind that chokes you

i've never been in a gully whopper !!!

all i've seen is 10ft powdered snow drifts in the Michigan U.P. by lake superior
and 26 below zero F in Sioux Falls SD with wind that chokes you
Actually gully whopper was a quote from the great hilton kaderli when he use describe a noreaster for our weather.
On another note just received an email from cosmoline direct having a christmas special offering 9 cans of rp-342 for $110, and free shipping if you order it by the 28th of this month.

A tip for leaving a stop in snow or slippery road with a manual. Don't use 1st gear. Use 2nd gear and slip the clutch a little.

A tip for leaving a stop in snow or slippery road with a manual. Don't use 1st gear. Use 2nd gear and slip the clutch a little.
depends on the tires as well i suppose
the last set i had before these i had no issue with traction, the rubber chunks dug it all out to pavement grip
my current shoes are useless in deep snow i think when last able to test in MN, was not able to keep the truck under 4x4 control on a left turn from stop

I hear you about tires. My truck has Goodyear Wranglers on it......they are crap even in rain.

Our Chevy Trailblaze (RWD) has Michelin Defender LTX. It will walk through stuff that the Tacoma only looks at. I can't wait until those Wanglers replacement time arrives.

I've never had favorable experience with Goodyear tires. Never have been disappointed with Michelin tires. Even on the motorcycle, which is really sensitive to tire quality, handling, traction............Michelin all the way baby.

The Wranglers were on the truck when purchased.

Tires do make a significant difference.

only 9 cans?
no dirty dozen
No, but thats still a good deal considering most of the other rust inhibiters are about the same cost here. Plus their giving you free shipping...a package of 9 cans would cost me quite a bit to ship them here from the other side of the country.
I hear you about tires. My truck has Goodyear Wranglers on it......they are crap even in rain.

Our Chevy Trailblaze (RWD) has Michelin Defender LTX. It will walk through stuff that the Tacoma only looks at. I can't wait until those Wanglers replacement time arrives.

I've never had favorable experience with Goodyear tires. Never have been disappointed with Michelin tires. Even on the motorcycle, which is really sensitive to tire quality, handling, traction............Michelin all the way baby.

The Wranglers were on the truck when purchased.

Tires do make a significant difference.
Really can't complain about the goodyear adventure tires on my tacoma. They work well for my needs in all weather. Once their toast, i'll probably stick with an all season tire. This tacoma gets far better traction on all the roads here than my tundra ever did. Even on my 2 mile unimproved dirt road at times, i think it'll be fine with those tires using 4wd. I'll likely get better fuel mileage to.

Back