What did you do to (or with) your truck today?

Gave a friend a ride home since is Ram is getting new brakes this afternoon. Then stopped at Buc-ee’s for a fill up to keep the truck from starving for gas on my way home…
Buc-ee’s is the best gas station in the world. I know it started here in Texas but they are now in seven or eight states these days. Cleanest bathrooms in the world. ;)

Speaking of bathrooms....I could recall some when making a pit stop looked like something had died in it months ago...smelt like it to. You had all you could do not to blow your lunch.

gotta wheel it to the stone of fire for an alignment check and get that steering wheel centered
it has been off a bit for a spell since new rack put on :confused:

Your suppose to center the steering wheel, and then lock it in place before replacing a rack. Even an apprentice tech would know that. Who did you go to for replacing the rack?

What did you do to (or with) your truck today?​

Just finished loading up the Taco with yard debris today. Spent 3-hours pruning the trees in the backyard and then hauled it off to the dump. The wife got me one of those "chainsaws on a pole" last year and it works like a champ. The yard looks so much better. :cool:

Attachments

• image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 5
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 5
Your suppose to center the steering wheel, and then lock it in place before replacing a rack. Even an apprentice tech would know that. Who did you go to for replacing the rack?
Is that why those rack ends and otrs are looking wacky with the # of threads on each side way out of proportion
I put some pics up of those somewhere here or over there

What did you do to (or with) your truck today?​

Just finished loading up the Taco with yard debris today. Spent 3-hours pruning the trees in the backyard and then hauled it off to the dump. The wife got me one of those "chainsaws on a pole" last year and it works like a champ. The yard looks so much better. :cool:
The fence looks neat, I recall a fence topic thread somewhere now

Is that why those rack ends and otrs are looking wacky with the # of threads on each side way out of proportion
I put some pics up of those somewhere here or over there
It's possible if the steering wheel was never locked in the center position before removing the old rack. Usually that happens by a rookie that never did one before, or just doesn't know how the job is done. If so, where do you find these guys, or do they find you?

Drove to the vittle store this morning to get yummies. Came out, an old black single cab 4wd taco was parked next to my truck. Rough looking would be an understatement. I think my tacoma truck now needs a tetanus shot. This old gen1 had no bumpers, and tailgate. All the fenders and quarter panels had more rust than good metal, and paint. Its roof, and hood were the best parts.

I tried to keep as far away from it while getting into my truck....didn't need another tetanus shot. Had no reason to look any further. My 3rd gen taco looked more like full size truck in comparison.

Last edited:
had to remove both under shield splash guards to get at that front diff check plug
The level was full
It took 3+ hours to do that and I still have to reinstall those big plates somehow :confused:

Onto the next check for that nasty high speed noise

Drove to Tractor Supply & rented one of their trailers. Then drove over to Home Depot & purchased my first new pellet grill. Bought a Treager pellet smoker. Bought my first Traeger years ago & used it till the fire pot was completely rusted out. Tied the assembled pellet grill down & pulled it home. First time I’ve gotten to pull anything with my truck. Hated to rent a trailer when I had a nice truck bed to use. But new home in town & no one to help me unload the truck. Figured trailer was my best option. Little 4 cylinder kicked in & pulled trailer like it wasn’t even back there.

It's pulling the bigger stuff with a 4 cylinder that you'll know its there, especially with no brake controller. I have a set of homemade pressure treated wood ramps topped with old plastic bed protector strips on them to use, that are strapped to my hitch when hauling a really heavy stuff in my trucks bed. I can unload it by myself by sliding a heavy object down those planks onto a dolly. If you have an appliance hand cart, and a dolly, thats even better

If I had bought the grill in the box, it would have been no issue. I would have managed it & then used my dolly to move it. But I was too lazy & bought it preassembled. So that was the reason I wanted the trailer. Roll it onto the trailer & just roll it off onto my driveway.
Pulling with 4 cylinder is no issue providing you stay within a reasonable weight range. I could not imagine pulling my fifth wheel camping trailer from years ago with no brake controller on my Dodge Ram…

Back