What do you use your Tacoma for?

I saw the truck flip on our local news, amazing he was ok. All i could say, What-A-Flip
Lol! Well at least everything turned out okay for him and above all he's okay! I guess What-A-Burger figured he'd really be a dedicated employee if he's willing to risk getting out in very severe thunderstorms with tornado warnings to go to a job interview! I heard on our local news that his mother actually told him not to go to the interview! I even heard that he hid the truck at a friend's house and didn't tell anybody what happened because he didn't want to worry his parents! The problem was his parents saw the video on the news and recognized his truck!

I remember I got in a fender bender in a '66 Ford F100 swb I had on my way home from school one day and I didn't even try to hide it, I knew that would be impossible! Lol! If I tried to hide it at my friend's house my parents would be asking where my truck was! Lol!

Glad you're okay man! The one casualty that I know of at least is a 73 year old woman in Grayson County! An EF3 touched down in Jacksboro which is just Northwest of Fort Worth, no casualties thankfully but a lot of homes were flattened! Jacksboro High School had a portion of the roof ripped off!

Did you see the video of the 16 yr. old kid driving a red Chevy pickup that got flipped on its driver side by the tornado in Central Texas then spun around and flipped back on its wheels and drove away? He was leaving a job interview at What-A-Burger when it happened! A Chevy dealer in Fort Worth gave him a brand new Silverado and gave his family a $15,000 check! Also he did get the job at What-A-Burger!
I saw the video and told my wife he was going to get a new Chevy for that.

Last edited:
I saw the video and td my wife he was going to get a new Chevy for that.
Yeah they showed on the local news of him at a Chevy dealer in Fort Worth being presented a brand new Silverado and also one of those big gigantic checks for $15,000 to go to his family!

I prefer Ford or Toyota Tacoma or Tundra but I'd take a Chevy for free! Lol!

Last edited:
Lol! Well at least everything turned out okay for him and above all he's okay! I guess What-A-Burger figured he'd really be a dedicated employee if he's willing to risk getting out in very severe thunderstorms with tornado warnings to go to a job interview! I heard on our local news that his mother actually told him not to go to the interview! I even heard that he hid the truck at a friend's house and didn't tell anybody what happened because he didn't want to worry his parents! The problem was his parents saw the video on the news and recognized his truck!

I remember I got in a fender bender in a '66 Ford F100 swb I had on my way home from school one day and I didn't even try to hide it, I knew that would be impossible! Lol! If I tried to hide it at my friend's house my parents would be asking where my truck was! Lol!
My parents had eyes everywhere!

A few years ago we had a well known contractor towing a boat with a ram truck. Somehow he lost control of the rig on a corner, and flipped it sending the trailer, and boat up over a line of telephone, and cable wires, while the truck was dangling upside down over the guard rails. He lost his life in the process. This kid doesn't know how lucky he was.

[QUOTE="I prefer Ford or Toyota Tacoma or Tundra but I'd take a Chevy for free! Lol!
Those new Chevys have those tailgate hand-warmers.....hands won't get cold when you're pushing it in the winter! Haaaaaaa! LOL[/QUOTE]
Lol! Oh man good one!

Hey take that Chevy they gave him and trade it in for a Toyota or a Ford! Lol!

Last edited:
Those new Chevys have those tailgate hand-warmers.....hands won't get cold when you're pushing it in the winter! Haaaaaaa! LOL
Lol! Oh man good one!

Hey take that Chevy they gave him and trade it in for a Toyota or a Ford! Lol![/QUOTE]
My dad is a bowtie-man all his 86 years.......he crapped when I got my Toyota. LOL He had a 2020 Silverado.....4K miles.......dropped the #4 bearing.....Chevy replaced the engine but wasn't right after......traded 'er off for another Lemon-Chevy! I'll stick with my Tacoma!

Lol! Oh man good one!

Hey take that Chevy they gave him and trade it in for a Toyota or a Ford! Lol!
My dad is a bowtie-man all his 86 years.......he crapped when I got my Toyota. LOL He had a 2020 Silverado.....4K miles.......dropped the #4 bearing.....Chevy replaced the engine but wasn't right after......traded 'er off for another Lemon-Chevy! I'll stick with my Tacoma![/QUOTE]
I've only owned one Chevy in my life, it was a 2001 S10 2.2l with a 5 spd. I bought it from a friend who is a mechanic, he got it from one of his customers. The truck was burning oil because radiator had stopped up on the guy and over heated the engine and therefore warped the head. My friend either fixed or replaced the radiator (I can't remember which) and sent the head out to be rebuilt. It really should've been completely overhauled with new valves, valve stems, valve guides, etc. but it wasn't! Therefore it burned oil! He told me to just put 20w50 in it and keep changing the oil continously because clean oil doesn't burn as fast dirty oil, which is true, and it would clear up after a while. I pretty much followed what he said but it didn't work! Needless to say the damn thing only lasted right at a year!
Now I have my '02 Taco,......much better truck!

Wish I still had it!
Yeah I wish I still had my '66 F100! Those things are worth some $$$$$ now from what I understand!
My friend I had when I was a kid, his dad had a '67 Chevelle Malibu! He bought it brand new, he said it only had 7/10 of a mile on the odometer when he bought it, figured it was probably from loading and unloading it off the car hauler! It had a 327 with a 3 on the tree! It was white with a black interior and had chrome side pipes or lake pipes I think they're called! That thing was his baby, he kept it immaculate! I don't think he ever let my friend or his older brother drive it! Lol!

Last edited:
Yeah I wish I still had my '66 F100! Those things are worth some $$$$$ now from what I understand!
My friend I had when I was a kid, his dad had a '67 Chevelle Malibu! He bought it brand new, he said it only had 7/10 of a mile on the odometer when he bought it, figured it was probably from loading and unloading it off the car hauler! It had a 327 with a 3 on the tree! It was white with a black interior and had chrome side pipes or lake pipes I think they're called! That thing was his baby, he kept it immaculate! I don't think he ever let my friend or his older brother drive it! Lol!
Big Bro had a '67.......SS with 396.......that thing would haul some ass......those are worth alot of money now for sure!

Back