What do you use your Tacoma for?

Just wanna explain a previous post I made on this thread. When I said I wonder if those truckers were rolling coal in DC I was talking about them blowing black smoke out their exhaust stacks! It's often times called rolling coal, people with diesel powered pickups often do it just for the hell of it! The black smoke is nothing more than unburnt desiel fuel from what I understand.

Heard of it too.
I was talking to a guy at work the other day about the State Of The Union speech that Beijing Biden was doing that night because he doesn't like Biden at all either then when we got around the truckers I jokingly mentioned that I'd like to see them rolling coal in DC and he didn't know what I was talking about at first until I explained about blowing black smoke out the exhaust stacks! Thing is that guy used to drive trucks so go figure??!! But then he's from Vermont originally so maybe they call it something else up there! Lol!

I was talking to a guy at work the other day about the State Of The Union speech that Beijing Biden was doing that night because he doesn't like Biden at all either then when we got around the truckers I jokingly mentioned that I'd like to see them rolling coal in DC and he didn't know what I was talking about at first until I explained about blowing black smoke out the exhaust stacks! Thing is that guy used to drive trucks so go figure??!! But then he's from Vermont originally so maybe they call it something else up there! Lol!
They call it rolling coal here.......in the summer when folks are driving around with their windows down the they get beside 'em and roll the coal.....LOL

Seen it many times.......I've laughed.......but, then I've also got a little upset they're being jerks by doing it!
Agreed! I was on a major freeway a couple years ago and saw a guy in a 3/4 ton Dodge (Cummins of course) with a huge stack in the bed right behind the cab with black smoke just pouring out of it and he never let up at all! I'm driving along thinking what a f***ing idiot! We have plenty of people doing it around here as well!

I will also add that here in Texas almost nobody drives around with their windows down in the summer! We run our a/c because our summers can and often do get well over 100°, especially in July and August! Lol! If anybody drives around with their windows down it's because their a/c is broke, I've been there and done myself before with that Ford that I posted on here! Lol!

Last edited:
We use have quite a few rednecks with modified diesels that had the huge stacks...loud as hell, but the cops cracked down on them pretty good after complaints from other drivers being harassed by the noise, and heavy black smoke emitted. I've only seen a couple on the road now, but no stacks though. I think these guys are on thin ice.

Man I just wanted to post on here that I saw a 1st gen Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins going down the road on my way to work this morning! It was an extended cab long bed 2wd! It was good looking old truck, it was showing it's age a little but what do you expect from about a 30yr. old truck! Seemed to be running good! I'd say it was about a '90-"93! Just had to post about it!
I'd think that truck would be worth some $$$$$, they're pretty sought after! I'm sure it'd be worth even more if it were a 4x4!

Last edited:
Hey I just wanna ask a question before I post these pictures. There's a really cool Toyota Tacoma crew cab 4x4 that I see almost everyday in the parking lot at work, I just now took a couple pics of it. The problem is I don't know the guy, I just see him every now and then either getting in or out of his truck, however I see his truck all the time. Anyway I wonder would it be okay to post those pictures on this thread? It's a really cool truck, at least I think so anyway. I just don't know him. What do y'all think?

Last edited:
Hey I just wanna ask a question before I post these pictures. There's a really cool Toyota Tacoma crew cab 4x4 that I see almost everyday in the parking lot at work, I just now took a couple pics of it. The problem is I don't know the guy, I just see him every now and then either getting in or out of his truck, however I see his truck all the time. Anyway I wonder would it be okay to post those pictures on this thread? It's a really cool truck, at least I think so anyway. I just don't know him. What do y'all think?
Don't see why not as long as you keep his registration plate id out of the pic.

Back