What do you use your Tacoma for?

There's a 1st gen standard cab with a 6' bed thats parked most of the time near me thats a sort of quicksand color, looks all original....its mint. This tacoma has to be 20 years old easy.
Yeah mine's a 1st gen standard cab 2wd base model. It's still pretty decent looking however there's some surface rust on the front bumper, I would like to color match both bumpers to the truck (which is kinda a gold or tan, not sure what you'd call it) maybe color match the grille shell and do the center insert in black! I think it would probably be better for me to order the parts off Amazon and paint them then just swap them out, it's a daily driver and I would have to paint everything in my spare time. Right now I need to replace the outside driver's door handle, it's broken and I have to reach in through the passenger side and open it from the inside as I don't wanna slide over from the passenger seat and climb over the gear shift! I ordered a pair of door handles off Amazon that are a metal upgrade, now I just need to get off my ass and fix it! Not particularly looking forward to working inside the door and trying to get my big ol' hand up in there! Lol! Anybody do this repair on a 1st gen Taco? Have some advice?

The truck at work appears to be a 3rd gen. don't know what year. Maybe when I post the pics somebody will know.

Last edited:
Yeah mine's a 1st gen standard cab 2wd base model. It's still pretty decent looking however there's some surface rust on the front bumper, I would like to color match both bumpers to the truck (which is kinda a gold or tan, not sure what you'd call it) maybe color match the grille shell and do the center insert in black! I think it would probably be better for me to order the parts off Amazon and paint them then just swap them out, it's a daily driver and I would have to paint everything in my spare time. Right now I need to replace the outside driver's door handle, it's broken and I have to reach in through the passenger side and open it from the inside as I don't wanna slide over from the passenger seat and climb over the gear shift! I ordered a pair of door handles off Amazon that are a metal upgrade, now I just need to get off my ass and fix it! Not particularly looking forward to working inside the door and trying to get my big ol' hand up in there! Lol! Anybody do this repair on a 1st gen Taco? Have some advice?

The truck at work appears to be a 3rd gen. don't know what year. Maybe when I post the pics somebody will know.
All i can say is i had to replace the driver side door window actuator motor on my 2001 tundra...it was a pita. I don't exactly have small hands either.

I've watched some YouTube videos on how to replace them, it looks to be fairly easy. However things aren't always as easy as they appear to be on YouTube! Lol!
No kidding, went to change the belts on my 20 year old husqvarna lawn tractor. Took a look on youtube for some direction. After cursing for 1/2 the day i gave up trying to get the engine's electric drive clutch off from the engine crankshaft which wasn't what youtube showed. Brought it to a lawn tractor repair shop where it was found frozen to the shaft. They had to cut it off, and order a new replacement. The deck belt was a piece of cake.

should I be able to manually spin the outside of the air conditioner pulley on my 2009 4 liter Tacoma.I am trying to find a squealing noise coming from the front of the engine .It comes and goes with different rpm's.I had a new belt and 2 of those little pulleys replaced.Water pump is not loose or leaking.Alternator works fine,
.AC is good What is the most common cause of this noise .It is very loud at times

should I be able to manually spin the outside of the air conditioner pulley on my 2009 4 liter Tacoma.I am trying to find a squealing noise coming from the front of the engine .It comes and goes with different rpm's.I had a new belt and 2 of those little pulleys replaced.Water pump is not loose or leaking.Alternator works fine,
.AC is good What is the most common cause of this noise .It is very loud at times
I know the air compressor has a clutch so I'm thinking the outer pulley should turn freely but I'm not positive so don't QUOTE me! As tacojoel said it could be bad tensioner, serpentine belt etc. Have you checked your powersteering pulley?

Hey just wanted to ask if Scott Wyman or anyone else in the state of Texas had any tornadoes yesterday (Monday)? We had 9 confirmed tornadoes here in the North Texas area, the majority of them west of Fort Worth! Most were either EF 0, EF1 or EF2, the worst was an EF3 in Jacksboro! It flattened many homes and ripped part of the roof off Jacksboro High School, thankfully nobody was killed! By the time the storms reached my area they had already formed a squall line and rowdied on down a little and we just had rain and a little small hail! There was however an EF0 in Northern Dallas County briefly but it moved on out, I'm in southeastern Dallas County!

I heard there were several tornadoes in Central Texas as well, that's why I'm concerned how Scott Wyman and everyone else in Texas is doing?

Hey just wanted to ask if Scott Wyman or anyone else in the state of Texas had any tornadoes yesterday (Monday)? We had 9 confirmed tornadoes here in the North Texas area, the majority of them west of Fort Worth! Most were either EF 0, EF1 or EF2, the worst was an EF3 in Jacksboro! It flattened many homes and ripped part of the roof off Jacksboro High School, thankfully nobody was killed! By the time the storms reached my area they had already formed a squall line and rowdied on down a little and we just had rain and a little small hail! There was however an EF0 in Northern Dallas County briefly but it moved on out, I'm in southeastern Dallas County!

I heard there were several tornadoes in Central Texas as well, that's why I'm concerned how Scott Wyman and everyone else in Texas is doing?

Correction they just now said on the news that there is 1 confirmed fatality from the the tornadoes yesterday and they also added 3 more confirmed tornadoes to the tally, which now brings the confirmed total to 12! Ugh!

Anybody seen Scott Wyman post on here in the last week or so? I'm just a little concerned, I know there were several tornadoes in his neck of the woods a week ago! Hope he's doing okay! I fared just fine with the storms around here', out west of here they didn't! Anyhow just a little concerned about Scott Wyman, haven't seen him post on here since all those storms!

Last edited:

Thanks for the concern everyone. Glad you're OK Taco Man. We are all good here. There were a few small tornados to the east of where I live, but nothing close. I only heard of 1 casualty, but not sure where.

Thanks for the concern everyone. Glad you're OK Taco Man. We are all good here. There were a few small tornados to the east of where I live, but nothing close. I only heard of 1 casualty, but not sure where.
Glad you're okay man! The one casualty that I know of at least is a 73 year old woman in Grayson County! An EF3 touched down in Jacksboro which is just Northwest of Fort Worth, no casualties thankfully but a lot of homes were flattened! Jacksboro High School had a portion of the roof ripped off!

Did you see the video of the 16 yr. old kid driving a red Chevy pickup that got flipped on its driver side by the tornado in Central Texas then spun around and flipped back on its wheels and drove away? He was leaving a job interview at What-A-Burger when it happened! A Chevy dealer in Fort Worth gave him a brand new Silverado and gave his family a $15,000 check! Also he did get the job at What-A-Burger!

Back