What have you done to your Tacoma today?

We don't get a lot of snow here in Nashville but when we do I have a hell of a good time!
There are a few places, my road included, where I need to creep down my hill in low 4 just to keep from sliding off the hill. Then coming home I can use my high 4 and cruise up the hill like I own it. I will never NOT have a 4 wheel drive again, best Tacoma ever!

Salt sucks, when it snows in Nashville the common approach is to dump a few hundred thousand pounds of salt on the road which ends up on my truck! As soon as the temp gets above freezing I am spraying my Taco down big time!

Salt sucks, when it snows in Nashville the common approach is to dump a few hundred thousand pounds of salt on the road which ends up on my truck! As soon as the temp gets above freezing I am spraying my Taco down big time!
Friday will be wash day for me.

Today, the task is to clear the truck and the driveway of the latest snowfall.

Just wish the thermometer would sneak above 0F and the wind would back off. Pushing 10 days of this cold a55 weather.......

Drove the truck to the hospital this morning to get my 6 month cholesterol blood test.
Winds are now coming from the south and warming up. Its almost 40 degrees right now.

Drove the truck to the hospital this morning to get my 6 month cholesterol blood test.
Winds are now coming from the south and warming up. Its almost 40 degrees right now.
we just cracked 20F........but we have some nice bright sunshine and a steady wind......so, still have wind chill in the single digits.

Very deceiving out.....

Your truck has high cholesterol?????

Today, the task is to clear the truck and the driveway of the latest snowfall.

Just wish the thermometer would sneak above 0F and the wind would back off. Pushing 10 days of this cold a55 weather.......
That’s cold rock.

Yeah, we have a vet appointment on 1/9 for tooth cleaning.

I hope the raw food diet will produce less crap on his teeth than the kibble garbage. Brushing his teeth is a PITA. Its a battle with a strong skilled tongue.

In June is the annual set of vaccines and a small surgery to remove a sebaceous cyst. Schnauzers are prone to these things. Just part of the breed. Most often I can express the sebum from the cyst and it heals to disappear. Some I'm able to lance......depends on the location if the dog will allow.

Yeah, we have a vet appointment on 1/9 for tooth cleaning.

I hope the raw food diet will produce less crap on his teeth than the kibble garbage. Brushing his teeth is a PITA. Its a battle with a strong skilled tongue.

In June is the annual set of vaccines and a small surgery to remove a sebaceous cyst. Schnauzers are prone to these things. Just part of the breed. Most often I can express the sebum from the cyst and it heals to disappear. Some I'm able to lance......depends on the location if the dog will allow.
With chihuahuas it’s dry food only. . For some reason hey lose their teeth quicker than any other breed.

We don't get a lot of snow here in Nashville but when we do I have a hell of a good time!
There are a few places, my road included, where I need to creep down my hill in low 4 just to keep from sliding off the hill. Then coming home I can use my high 4 and cruise up the hill like I own it. I will never NOT have a 4 wheel drive again, best Tacoma ever!
Any truck 2, or 4wd will slide on snow or ice if you don't know how to use, or when to use the brakes. I had 2 wd trucks in the 70's even when there was little snow at times here in the northeast. I got sick of getting stuck on the smallest of uphill grades...good snow tires, and all. Its always the hard ice that forms that gets you. Studded tires were a pita. They sucked on clean roads when doing long trips. With 4wd you get twice the traction, but you still have the same braking you'd face with a 2wd. All said i'd never own another 2wd vehicle. Been there done that.

Apparently the doctors are back peddling antibiotics I get a swollen tonsil about once a year or two. Get some amoxicillin and be done with it. Well now if it isn’t strep I don’t get the prescription. Da fugg.

With chihuahuas it’s dry food only. . For some reason hey lose their teeth quicker than any other breed.
Have you considered a raw diet?

Ready made dog food has only been around for about 100 years. Prior to that dogs were eating a natural diet, roughly 10,000 years.

FWIW, I have recently shifted back to a raw diet for my mini-schnauzer.. When you examine the dog anatomy, you get a different understanding of the dog's digestive system.

I was paying $5.70/lb for kibble. The raw diet is averaging less than $2.75/lb. Yes, I have to mix up the "chow" each week. Prep takes about an hour/week.

DM me if you are curious for more information or reference material.

pm sent....just stayed at the truck today....pretty much home bound with a swollen tonsil...covid test was negative.

Back