What have you done to your Tacoma today?

pumped a fresh 18 gallons of tacoJuice into tank. 294c at shell
made a hot run into Iowa on the 34 and rolled 313800 on the odo
checked for leaks on recent tacoma maintenance
no leaks found yet :) other than the rack weep but that may or may not have slowed up a bit

Pictures ?
Sorry.....no pics.

I can say from experience when using a car hauler. Be extremely anal about loading the vehicle onto the hauler and mind the straps on the front wheels. Specifically, make sure they are tight and the ratchet pawls are engaged. Check the load after about 50 miles or less.

I had a strap come off the right front wheel. Found it at the first stop to check. Friggin' pawl had a bad spring. Couple zip ties kept the pawl in place as a quickie road fix.

Ugh. No power to my cargo switch connector. It has the 7.5 fuse. Prolly just tap into something to power it up. But it won’t have a relay if I do that.

There is an illumination to the switch. But that’s not working with my parking lights. So that’s dead as well

Scrubbed and rinsed out the lineX... made it black and buteful
Seemed dirtier than usual after wheelin' in the Nevada desert last month
4+ years since sprayed and still holdin dark black colour coz I paid extra for premium black! Guaranteed not to fade to gray
There are sum bubbles that need 2 be addressed one day soon or later
Warranty lifetime.

Inner/outer tie rods installed on both sides.

Frozen jam nut against the outer tie rod. Used hacksaw to cut thru the inner rod to remove all. Wednesday is front end alignment.

In the last month. CV axles, rotors, pads, RH caliper, sway bar links and head unit. Exhaust in October. Tires/TPMS/mount/balance in November.

Jay, instead of polishing the turd....perhaps you should spend some time repairing it.

I think it is avoiding what is needed to chase a ghost of a goal....................

BTW. Its a machine, it don't need exercise. It needs maintenance and repair. I know, I shouldn't use foreign language words.

the engine motor needs exercise
not good to let the motor engine sit around do no work
lmao

problem is i have no really stinkin' idea what is wrong most times and try to investigate to best of limited abilities
therefre must throw parts at it and see if issues goes away

'twas was the case with the front squishy feeling brakes recently
it was the nasty hub and bearing wobble i guess when the caliper was grabbing that wheel with over inch of wobble in the hub it would become squishy brake pedal...

hub and wheel bearing replaced oem and that squishy brake pedal feeling went away

i have no cotDamn clue how the brakesPlus shop did not discover this wobbly wheel hub with the full brake inspection and i noted to them the squishy brake pedal as concern

Back