What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I did my gen1 tundra undercarriage best as possible wire wheeling all the crusty rust off. Then i used a rustoleum rust converter. 2 days later after that was good and dry, i painted it over with a brush using some rustoleum oil based black paint. It looked pretty decent when all was finished. I later fluid flimed it every year.
I did my 2020 tacoma when everything was still very new with cosmoline....over 2 years later still looks brand new, no lumpy or uneven coating. Even on my final toyotacare visit, they asked whats on there that it was still looked so new like it just rolled off their lot.
Oohs and aahhs are always a good thing :cool:

Last edited:
a big rig tractor with trailer almost sandwiched my little rig on the 75 freeway onramp today :eek:, i had no clue what they were doing, i thought they were getting on the freeway slowly with a very large load of timber at maybe 25mph... all of a sudden they head for the shoulder leaving me trying to merge into some 70mph traffic with dumazzes behind me riding my six and no shoulder to maneuver since they were blocking it :mad:
Texting

Can these big rigs just stop on a dime hauling a megaload?
I do not trust that they can, especially on the downhill grades, I see them lose speed going small uphill grades
Aren't they just a mini train with that weight?
In word no. But they will slow dow to a stop quicker with a load than without. It’s all about friction. Empty trailers are good for making time. But when there is shlt on the road forget it.

My tacoma was only used to drive me there to transfer some funds i made in the stock market to a 3 year annuity. I think my arm, and hand is still stiff from signing so many forms
Oh! I was thinking you were going there to pick up the title to that tacoma

Attempting to deweather this area on rear axle
Using eastWood converter primer after removing a fair amount of dirt sand grease wax and some remaining loose coating
It's supposed to turn dark black when conversion done
Then maybe cosmoline it IDK
IMG_20220813_104403_929.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad if you wired wheeled if pretty good before the rust converter. Once thats cured, you use an an oil based paint on it. Then later the cosmoline, and it should be good for a long time.

Doesn't look too bad if you wired wheeled if pretty good before the rust converter. Once thats cured, you use an an oil based paint on it. Then later the cosmoline, and it should be good for a long time.

or until the truck needs new leafs then it all comes undone LOL
and there is much labour to be done on cleaning those 25yr old springs (made in Mexico stamp on them)
they are not 'roasted' with failed coating but there are many crusty spots popping up

Back