What have you done to your Tacoma today?

went wheelin' in the far south EvergladesNP lookin for a big snake and/or a crocodile
Found neither!
Did find an unpaved road with muddy puddles to wheel thru and get all nasty dirty
It ended up leading to some swampy canoe launch into the marshy bear lake and had to turn back and get back down that road
No snakes or crocs spotted yet again, just a buncha mosquitoes

Last edited:
went wheelin' in the far south EvergladesNP lookin for a big snake and/or a crocodile
Found neither!
Did find an unpaved road with muddy puddles to wheel thru and get all nasty dirty
It ended up leading to some swampy canoe launch into the marshy bear lake and had to turn back and get back down that.
No snakes or crocs spotted yet again, just a buncha mosquitoes
Ya know more pictures of your Florida journey would be interesting. Just not one of you and your pickup truck stuck in the Florida quicksand because, just like a captain and his ship…. Well, you get the idea . :p

Ooops. Never mind Jay. I just saw your cool kids videos on thread "a new chapter begins… the road to 400K. Keep em coming.

Drove to another town with my tacoma for some grocery shopping. I was taken back some when approaching the fruit isles. There were families of hungry illegal immigrants that were bused in going through all the rotten fruit boxes the store had put out for them. These people looked like they didn't have a pot to piss in. It broke your heart to see this. Idk what the answer is, but imo, we're not doing these people any favors allowing them to come here if they have no skills.

Drove to another town with my tacoma for some grocery shopping. I was taken back some when approaching the fruit isles. There were families of hungry illegal immigrants that were bused in going through all the rotten fruit boxes the store had put out for them. These people looked like they didn't have a pot to piss in. It broke your heart to see this. Idk what the answer is, but imo, we're not doing these people any favors allowing them to come here if they have no skills.

Send them to Martha's vineyard and they can get tasty frootloops

Inspect it for hail damage. Fortunately......none.

We had some heavy storms yesterday afternoon and night. Some significant hail. Found hail stones in the1.25 inch range. Over the last 2 days, rainfall is just over 2 inches.

2 days for dry out, then another 4 day round of storms.

I live in a senior community. I added a canopy with storage compartments, where I keep tools. Now that I’m retired I need something to do so I go around the community fixing things. This seems to keep me off the street and out of trouble, for the most part.
I think that's an honorable and humble thing you're doing Tom.

Just got back from my lawyer's office with the tacoma again. Had to sign more documents. I gotta new nickname for him...''the misguided professor.'' I swear this lawyer could forget his name, except he always remembers the bill.

Whatcha growin' ?

I like late night raids...............like a racoon. :p:p;)
Right now, a little everything from lettuce to string beans. My speciality is heirloom tomatoes...some red, pink, yellow, and black/purple, plus peppers...regular, mild, and wild hot. No sweet corn this year.:(
Last time us kids would do garden raids was back in the 1960's. Now it's different, keeping the bears, and rest of the varmints out. Only saw one chipmunk this spring so far, after trapping over 150 the last 2 years.

Last edited:
Had a chipmunk problem at one home we owned.

Used an air-rifle with pellets to control the invasion. Prime kill spot was just behind the front shoulder about mid-body. Then a shovel to transport carcass to the trash can.

Neighbor used his bow with target arrows. He'd take a position on his elevated deck.

I've used my sheridan air rife on these chipmunks in the past, but the bird lady next door will call the state police....already got a visit, asked if I was shooting her birds in a neighborhood with kids around. I told them i didn't know anything about it....got a lecture anyways. They looked around, and left. Last couple years been using these jawz plastic rat traps with peanut butter, and sunflower seeds loaded in them. It's been deadly. I feed the chipmunks to the crows, so nothing goes to waste.

Back