? Where is the Gen1 Taco traffic at ?

Carfax isn't alway's the most accurate way to get any car info. Imo, its a $5k truck at best.

carfax is definitely accurate as far as where its been registered and smogged in this case

5k$ it would be gone outtahere before it was even listed 4 sale, don't be sillywilly tacoJoel :)

carfax is definitely accurate as far as where its been registered and smogged in this case

5k$ it would be gone outtahere before it was even listed 4 sale, don't be sillywilly tacoJoel :)
You give those gen1 tacomas too much credit, Its all about finding that someone thats dumb enough to offer that much. Carfax can't confirm if a vehicle has had properly scheduled maintenance if a dealer/shop never reported it. Believe me I know how carfax is.

I've driven my relatives gen2 a bit to know a thing or two about why, in the mid to late 00s into the teens, there was an aura of sadness in the air seeing whut they done did
SMH
You give those gen1 tacomas too much credit, Its all about finding that someone thats dumb enough to offer that much. Carfax can't confirm if a vehicle has had properly scheduled maintenance if a dealer/shop never reported it. Believe me I know how carfax is.

Only issue I see with the gen2 vs the gen1....the gen1 is better looking. Toyota screwed the pooch when designing the rear bed style on the gen2.

IDK but I may have beat this guy out recently :confused:

Jun 29 at 9:50 AM
Jun 29 at 9:50 AM
Wjcunningham3 This author's likes: 28

As if Tacomas need more love stories – but I just took my 2002 Extended Cab V6 4×4 manual with over 200k miles on a big road trip from Chicago to Whidbey Island/Seattle to Austin and had zero issues. Best of luck to the seller and the buyer – you won’t regret the purchase.

Crazy price on this one
Thats the ''I don't want to sell it price.'' One of my neighbors has the exact same truck, and still uses it, but its not even close to the condition of that truck in the pics.

If it was a Ford Ranger forum you might just have the record though......

Isnt it crazy how you think 300k miles is an awful lot and you get on a Toyota forum and then you find helf the guys have that many and some with double that! haha
:)

Congrats though, because 300,000 is an bunch of miles still.

post #12

strange + odd '97 SR5 here
several oddities diffrent than what i truck with

Seller Description​

1997 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Extended Cab Pickup Truck. 3.4L V6 Engine. 5-speed manual transmission. 4x4. This ALL Original Tacoma SR5 brandishes Bucket seats, Moonroof, Power mirrors, Power antenna, and a push button 4wd actuator. Colorado-Denver metro truck. Absolutely no rust on the frame or body. Bone stock. Low mileage. Fully reconditioned in our shop with over 200 hours in recon time. Please read through the spec list below for all services and new parts provided. Below All systems will be checked/Inspected/replaced Engine/Transmission: -Compression check 180 +/-4 On all 6 cylinders -Coolant system pressure check -Timing belt/Waterpump/Tension/ Bearings/Drive Belts Inspected and recently replaced. -Throttle Plate/Body Cleaned -New Radiator Replaced -New Drop in Air filter -Clean/Inspect MAF Sensor -Toyota Genuine Spark Plugs and NGK Wires -Intake Manifold Gaskets -Valve Cover Gaskets -Oem Coils Inspect/Clean Rebuild -Knock Sensor/ Knock Sensor Harness -Grounds Cleaned -5w-30 Full Synthetic with OEM Toyota Filter -Transfer Case Service -Front Differential Service -Rear Differential Service (Install ARB Air Locker) -Brake Fluid Service -Clutch Master Fluid Service -Clutch wear Inspection -Cluch Assembly replaced (Aisen) -Clutch Pedal Bushings Replace -Transmission Fluid Service -Transmission Shifter Bushings Replace -Transmission Knob Replace -Battery Replaced -Engine Detailed by hand Suspension: -OEM 15 inch Toyota Wheels reconditioned. -31x10.5r15 Pathfinder AT tires. -New Bilstein 4600 Shocks Front/Rear -New Tie rods inner/outer. -Replace 4 sway bar links Front/Rear -Clean and Re-coat frame -Oem Skid Plate Recon'd and installed -New Oem Front brake rotors and pads. -Calipers inspected. -Rear Brake Service -4 wheel Alignment Performed -Inspect Steering Rack Interior: -2 Toyota Keys cut -Oem Seats Removed and Reconditioned/cleaned -Leather Door Panels/ Cards -Shift Knob Replace -Brake and clutch pedal Rubber covers replaced -Carpet clean/ Recondition -Check all electrical -OEM Factory Radio In excellent condition. -Weather tech floor liners throughout Exterior: -Headlights Replace (Sylvania Silverstars) -New Toyota Grill -New corner lights -New Wipers Replaced -License Plate Light bulbs replaced -New Windshield -Paintless Dent repair by DENT MOTION (Broomfield) -3 stage compound/Cut/Polish/Touch up -Ceramix wax -Ceramic wax Glass -Trim Cleaned -Blower Motor Clean -Secondary Blower(rear) Clean -New Rear Emblems -Power antenna. -Power Mirrors. -Brand new Flares installed. -Plastic Bed liner. We are an Auto transport broker. We can ship directly to your door no hassle. Please ask our salesperson about details.

4TAWN74N7VZ284297

Last edited:
Idk, something smells. For being advertised as low mileage, it's sure got an awful lot of new parts. Question is... has the odo been messed with, or does this owner have a completely different idea what low mileage means?

Idk, something smells. For being advertised as low mileage, it's sure got an awful lot of new parts. Question is... has the odo been messed with, or does this owner have a completely different idea what low mileage means?
Denver is not far for me to go and inspect it first hand

The striping is very off
No trd decal should be there
Wrong tailgate stripe tape for a 97

If it's been a grocery getter for the most part
It's high mileage and a concern

Plus the Carfax says it's sat for many years almost 10 between owner 1 and 2
But that might be a mislabel
I shall have to drill down onit

Back