Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

If that truck was white with a hood scoop, then you need to add it to your stable. It would be a good ride.

One caveat......verify it has completed the frame recall issue with a new frame. If not, then it is probably beyond the recall period.
Didn't stop to fully check it out, but it was a red access cab parked at a used car lot right in front of the main road leading south out of town. You couldn't miss the large sign on the windshield. Pretty sure it was a trd as I saw it on the rear quarter panel.

In reality I love being able to accelerate in confidence and not guess when my transmission will down-shift or up-shift. It's great in snow and mud being able to ease the torque on and not dig in deeper.

So I ask; why did you choose a manual transmission?

So back in late January when I was wheelin' in Montana by the Missouri river run I lost control getting back onto interstate 15. ...Ran through a large snowdrift on the entrance ramp whilst in a gradual turn to enter the freeway which was also snowpacked and slick.. slid sideways and backwards ending up inna snowditch a foot or so deep, up as high as the skid plate. Had to use 4lo in 1st to safely crawl out of that

Had I the AT would it have been much more difficult to wheel and throttle out even in 4lo?
I tried 4hi at first but the wheels immediately started spinning, no grip

Last edited:
You MT owners will like these! Lol! I got these off Amazon because they're funny but so true! You can get them in 4-speed, 5-speed, and 6-speed gear patterns!
There is no sticker for my first car!
The reverse gear was in the upper far left side
And now I can't recall if I had to push down on the stick when putting into R

So back in late January when I was wheelin' in Montana by the Missouri river run I lost control getting back onto interstate 15. ...Ran through a large snowdrift on the entrance ramp whilst in a gradual turn to enter the freeway which was also snowpacked and slick.. slid sideways and backwards ending up inna snowditch a foot or so deep, up as high as the skid plate. Had to use 4lo in 1st to safely crawl out of that

Had I the AT would it have been much more difficult to wheel and throttle out even in 4lo?
I tried 4hi at first but the wheels immediately started spinning, no grip
Complete mythconception.

The AT can be shifted into 1st gear and it will stay in 1st gear until you shift out of 1st gear.

So many myths being spouted..................

I've been bumper deep in snow with my AT. Yes, dropped to 4L, placed AT in 2nd failed try with spin, dropped AT to 1st. Crawled out. The tires were and are crap. Steer clear of GoodYear Wrangler SR-A. They loose grip in rain pretty easy.

Complete mythconception.

The AT can be shifted into 1st gear and it will stay in 1st gear until you shift out of 1st gear.

I've been bumper deep in snow with my AT. Yes, dropped to 4L, placed AT in 2nd failed try with spin, dropped AT to 1st. Crawled out. The tires were and are crap. Steer clear of GoodYear Wrangler SR-A. They loose grip in rain pretty easy.

isn't 1st gear AT with 4WD in high going to give you no control on the torque since there is NO clutch to feather just right and tidy

Complete mythconception.

i had goodyear duraTracs on my Gen1 for awhile, those did not do well in rain but they were badazz in snow digging down deep and stopping onna dime
but they were NOISY AF on the freeway with a near constant hummm

i had goodyear duraTracs on my Gen1 for awhile, those did not do well in rain but they were badazz in snow digging down deep and stopping onna dime
but they were NOISY AF on the freeway with a near constant hummm
I had the general at2 grabbers on my tundra, they were awesome in deep snow too. Not so good on ice...in fact really, really bad on ice.

isn't 1st gear AT with 4WD in high going to give you no control on the torque since there is NO clutch to feather just right and tidy
Simple.....AT in 1st gear, Xfer case in 4L......now it is throttle control. In any situation when the vehicle is stuck.....its throttle control to keep from spinning and to get you out. This brings in the ABS system with the Traction Control capability on late models.

It isn't complex or hard at all. It is all about understanding and managing your vehicle.

Fact is....you keep trying to denigrate the AT. In truth, it is just as functional as the MT. Very few instances where the MT will perform better than the AT. I'm sure you'll be able to create some outlying situation to support the extreme superiority of the MT over the AT. The choice of MT vs AT is a personal choice.....possibly some roots in ancient past experience that the MT is better. AT is a very sophisticated and well engineered machine, not like the early AT.

A point for you to consider. Many semi-tractors are now equipped with an AT. Once upon a time ago, the GM Turbo 400 AT was installed in heavy dump trucks.

I'm pretty sure the MT has performance advantages in a racing situation because the HP loss is less than an AT. HP transmitted to the ground translates to speed in the racing world. The common everyday driver.......the HP loss thru the AT is never noticed.

Simple.....AT in 1st gear, Xfer case in 4L......now it is throttle control. In any situation when the vehicle is stuck.....its throttle control to keep from spinning and to get you out. This brings in the ABS system with the Traction Control capability on late models.

It isn't complex or hard at all. It is all about understanding and managing your vehicle.

Fact is....you keep trying to denigrate the AT. In truth, it is just as functional as the MT. Very few instances where the MT will perform better than the AT. I'm sure you'll be able to create some outlying situation to support the extreme superiority of the MT over the AT. The choice of MT vs AT is a personal choice.....possibly some roots in ancient past experience that the MT is better. AT is a very sophisticated and well engineered machine, not like the early AT.

A point for you to consider. Many semi-tractors are now equipped with an AT. Once upon a time ago, the GM Turbo 400 AT was installed in heavy dump trucks.

I'm pretty sure the MT has performance advantages in a racing situation because the HP loss is less than an AT. HP transmitted to the ground translates to speed in the racing world. The common everyday driver.......the HP loss thru the AT is never noticed.puy
MT performs MUCH better when put into 1st and go if you're proficient on that 3rd pedal!

AT in most recent experiences lurches lunges clunks jerks when putting into D and even R most of the time but not all of the time
And I absolutely do not know how to manage all of that jazz
:mad:

Last edited:
MT performs MUCH better when put into 1st and go if you're proficient on that 3rd pedal!

AT in most recent experiences lurches lunges clunks jerks when putting into D and even R most of the time but not all of the time
And I absolutely do not know how to manage all of that jazz
:mad:
I think the source of your problems are not equipment related.

I'm pretty sure the MT has performance advantages in a racing situation because the HP loss is less than an AT. HP transmitted to the ground translates to speed in the racing world. The common everyday driver.......the HP loss thru the AT is never noticed.
Automatics pretty much rule in drag racing now as they're used like a manual. As far as road course, I believe its still manual.

about what mileage should one get that hydraulic clutch cylinder fluid replaced and bled out proper?

was it mentioned alreadY?, i forget!

Black ice is dangerous because it looks like the road is wet. So, drivers assume they are running on a wet road, not on an ice covered road.

Black ice is no more dangerous than any other ice. It is all low friction leading to low traction and easy loss of control.

The clue is to become familiar with the sound of your truck running on wet pavement. Ice has a different sound than wet pavement. Another clue is to observe if mist is coming from other car's tires. If mist, then wet. No mist, then ice. If you have doubts, then drive like you are on ice.

Keep in mind, 4WD has no advantage on ice. It is all driver control.

I have two offices in Texas and am in fear anytime there are big storms. During Hurricane Harvey some years ago we were without power and water for many days. We had Tacoma's, Tundras, Jeeps and Subaru's that brought my staff to work through the high waters. My staff rocked through it and we will always have some sort of 4 wheel drive in my office with some decent ground clearance from now on!

I have two offices in Texas and am in fear anytime there are big storms. During Hurricane Harvey some years ago we were without power and water for many days. We had Tacoma's, Tundras, Jeeps and Subaru's that brought my staff to work through the high waters. My staff rocked through it and we will always have some sort of 4 wheel drive in my office with some decent ground clearance from now on!
Gotcha. But what does this situation have to do with "why do ya drive a manuel transmission" ? Sorry to hear about hurricane harvey by the way.

Back