Why do you drive a manuel transmission ?

Frame inspection at dealer, I was so worried coz my relatives 98 taco failed the test
But dealer never heard of inspection here
What.a.jassle.
Speaking of frame inspection, remember I told ya'll my middle son bought a 2005 Taco that came from Boston and the frame was soooo rusted out but he wanted it as it only had 61,000 miles. Against my advice, he went ahead and bought it in hopes of repairing the frame himself. He was able to fix some of it but not all. Then on his way across the country the AC went out and the fix would cost him $2,000. I'm pretty sure your frame is fine.

Speaking of frame inspection, remember I told ya'll my middle son bought a 2005 Taco that came from Boston and the frame was soooo rusted out but he wanted it as it only had 61,000 miles. Against my advice, he went ahead and bought it in hopes of repairing the frame himself. He was able to fix some of it but not all. Then on his way across the country the AC went out and the fix would cost him $2,000. I'm pretty sure your frame is fine.
So long As long as the salts are kept off of it and coating in spots are repaired and protected

Was your middle going to do a frame swap with a new one?

So long As long as the salts are kept off of it and coating in spots are repaired and protected
When I lived in Colorado last they used that magnesium chloride every winter. A salt substitute that turned the ice into mush and it worked pretty darn well.

When I lived in Colorado last they used that magnesium chloride every winter. A salt substitute that turned the ice into mush and it worked pretty darn well.
They use some nasty stuff here to keep the ice at bay at subzero temps
And now they wonder why all the bridge decks are roached and collapsing

Was your middle going to do a frame swap with a new one?
Yes but he doesn't have the money. That's why he thought he could do it himself but it is just to much labor intensive and he doesn't have the time now. I think he said a frame swap was around $2,000.

Yes but he doesn't have the money. That's why he thought he could do it himself but it is just to much labor intensive and he doesn't have the time now. I think he said a frame swap was around $2,000.
2 or 12?

I've only heRd it's 12k and up under the dealer warranty
Body shops could do it for less i suppose

Last edited:
They use some nasty stuff here to keep the ice at bay at subzero temps
And now they wonder why all the bridge decks are roached and collapsing
Probably brine. Its the same here, their always rebuilding bridges, and over pass's before they collapse, which some already have. They claim brining the roads in winter prevents far more accidents. You can bet the insurance companies are 100% behind that.

Simply put, I drive a manual because it’s more fun. Period. That is 99.99% of the reason. Plus it just fits in with the old schoolness of the 3rd Gen Tacoma that I just cant get enough of…the industrial interior with the knobs and actual hand break, not some stupid joystick shifter, and that oh so beautiful and aggressive exterior design. It’s an old new truck and I LOVE it.

I hear lots complain about how it’s a lot of work in heavy traffic and I guess I’m just fortunate and strange as that doesn’t even bother me, never has, it’s just a natural movement like pushing the gas pedal. Icing on the cake is that’s it’s cheaper, for now, and in the sea of Tacomas out there it’s one area where we can say that we’re just a little bit different than most. =)

Attachments

• B28F4298-787F-40B9-B73D-1189F07205AC.jpeg
    B28F4298-787F-40B9-B73D-1189F07205AC.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Basically it's different strokes for different folks. There's still a few out there that need a manual.
You completely missed the point. Unless I’m mistaken I don’t see anywhere where I said I “needed” a manual.

Last edited:
Simply put, I drive a manual because it’s more fun. Period. That is 99.99% of the reason. Plus it just fits in with the old schoolness of the 3rd Gen Tacoma that I just cant get enough of…the industrial interior with the knobs and actual hand break, not some stupid joystick shifter, and that oh so beautiful and aggressive exterior design. It’s an old new truck and I LOVE it.

I hear lots complain about how it’s a lot of work in heavy traffic and I guess I’m just fortunate and strange as that doesn’t even bother me, never has, it’s just a natural movement like pushing the gas pedal. Icing on the cake is that’s it’s cheaper, for now, and in the sea of Tacomas out there it’s one area where we can say that we’re just a little bit different than most. =)
Where's the heaviest traffic you've worked it?

So far mine has been in Chicago metro. 30 minutes to go a couple miles lol
Sometimes I'm on a hilly there and just keep in neutral with brakes and let gravity be the boss

You completely missed the point. Unless I’m mistaken I don’t see anywhere where I said I “needed” a manual.
Yes there is. You claimed you needed it for fun. No one buys a manual these days without some reason.

That shifter knob is bad a$$ TMo !

Back