Consumer Reports Hates our Tacomas!

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by eagleguy, Mar 10, 2018.

1. eagleguy

eagleguy Well-Known Member

Just got the latest issue of consumer reports and boy do they beat down on the Tacomas. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has had no issues so far and enjoy everything about the truck! According to them I should have bought a Ridgeline or Colorado!!

Scott Wyman and 3genowner like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s crazy.

4. Thibster

Thibster Well-Known Member

I believe they don’t totally know what they are talking about!!

5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Consumer reports has always had a hard on for Tacoma.

6. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Only the 3rd gens

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OR17TRD

No they didn’t like the 2014 and 2015 either. Those are 2nd gens.

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  8. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Well dang.. I was trying to give you guys crap. Lol

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  9. tacoinmyfuture

tacoinmyfuture Active Member

I saw that! Pretty surprised. They used to get great reviews from what I remember.

10. kwheatley

kwheatley Member

What do consumer reports expect. Toyota can't keep the same look and design as 1st Gen. They have to change with the times. Colorado have a rough history and don't have half the features or reliable as a midsize truck (no push start and low clearance). I'm sorry as well Honda Ridgeline is a car with a bed (have test drove several). I like my 2018 Tacoma Off Road... the shifts on the transmission is the only thing that is annoying but you just learn to not press the pedal hard.

littleguy, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  11. OR17TRD

I’m not worried about it. Yet...

kp.taco likes this.
  12. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Snorkel envy.

Crawdad, kp.taco and OR17TRD like this.
  13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I agree. I had a 2008 Ridgeline. It is a car with a bed. And front wheel drive/AWD. The only I ever owned except for a 89 Plymouth as a kid and the only ones I’ll ever own.

14. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

I used to sell Chevy's, Colorado's are crap, OnStar is crap and paying $375 more or less for 3 to 6 months for a computer to tell you directions and not show you as a GPS should, is crap.
    I had my Tacoma when I worked at that shit show and never once was tempted to trade it for anything new, matter of fact I would send ppl to my ex who worked at Toyota, needless to say it didn't last long.

littleguy, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  15. SomeDirtyCuban

SomeDirtyCuban Well-Known Member

16. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Unfortunately with the GM vehicles I’ve owned that’s true.

littleguy likes this.
  17. kwheatley

kwheatley Member

I have you done anything about the shifting. I read about installing a shift sense pro module that works well.

18. OR17TRD

No Ive accepted it for what it is. I’ve gone through the 5 stages of grief.

mcklovin77 and Bogunn like this.
  19. natural9er

natural9er Well-Known Member

I have to say the only thing I like about the ridgeline is how the wheel well is separated from the bed. Idk anything else about the thing and don’t care because I’m shallow. Damn ugly truck

littleguy, kp.taco and Bogunn like this.
  20. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Active Member

I’d have to say that Ridgeline shouldn’t be considered a truck. It looks like the Honda van with the back turned into a truck bed. Nothing about it says let’s take it off-road. Can’t wait to see some sorry soul try to lift it and make it look tougher. NOT POSSIBLE! Lol

Bogunn likes this.
  21. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

If you turn off the fanboyism, the Tacoma will look all hyped up...because it is. However consumer reports always wants all trucks to ride like a Cadillac.

Personally I think the new Ridgeline is very nice and almost bought a 1st gen Ridgeline but didn't like that it's basically a front bias AWD. The truck vs not truck debate is all some people have to argue.