Consumer Reports Hates our Tacomas!

eagleguy

Just got the latest issue of consumer reports and boy do they beat down on the Tacomas. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has had no issues so far and enjoy everything about the truck! According to them I should have bought a Ridgeline or Colorado!!

Just got the latest issue of consumer reports and boy do they beat down on the Tacomas. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has had no issues so far and enjoy everything about the truck! According to them I should have bought a Ridgeline or Colorado!!
Only the 3rd gens [emoji23]

I saw that! Pretty surprised. They used to get great reviews from what I remember.

What do consumer reports expect. Toyota can't keep the same look and design as 1st Gen. They have to change with the times. Colorado have a rough history and don't have half the features or reliable as a midsize truck (no push start and low clearance). I'm sorry as well Honda Ridgeline is a car with a bed (have test drove several). I like my 2018 Tacoma Off Road... the shifts on the transmission is the only thing that is annoying but you just learn to not press the pedal hard.

What do consumer reports expect. Toyota can't keep the same look and design as 1st Gen. They have to change with the times. Colorado have a rough history and don't have half the features or reliable as a midsize truck (no push start and low clearance). I'm sorry as well Honda Ridgeline is a car with a bed (have test drove several). I like my 2018 Tacoma Off Road... the shifts on the transmission is the only thing that is annoying but you just learn to not press the pedal hard.
I’m not worried about it. Yet...

I agree. I had a 2008 Ridgeline. It is a car with a bed. And front wheel drive/AWD. The only I ever owned except for a 89 Plymouth as a kid and the only ones I’ll ever own.

I used to sell Chevy's, Colorado's are crap, OnStar is crap and paying $375 more or less for 3 to 6 months for a computer to tell you directions and not show you as a GPS should, is crap.
I had my Tacoma when I worked at that **** show and never once was tempted to trade it for anything new, matter of fact I would send ppl to my ex who worked at Toyota, needless to say it didn't last long. [emoji6]

I’d have to say that Ridgeline shouldn’t be considered a truck. It looks like the Honda van with the back turned into a truck bed. Nothing about it says let’s take it off-road. Can’t wait to see some sorry soul try to lift it and make it look tougher. NOT POSSIBLE! Lol

If you turn off the fanboyism, the Tacoma will look all hyped up...because it is. However consumer reports always wants all trucks to ride like a Cadillac.

Personally I think the new Ridgeline is very nice and almost bought a 1st gen Ridgeline but didn't like that it's basically a front bias AWD. The truck vs not truck debate is all some people have to argue.

Back