Regular or Synthetic Oil

Do you run Regular or Synthetic Oil?

• Regular Oil

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Synthetic Oil

Votes: 37 69.8%

• Total voters
Synthetic from factory. I had my first of lifetime free oil changes from the dealer done and will be sending a sample to Blackstone to confirm they put synthetic in as required.

I wanted to run synthetic in mine. I was using the Toyotacare oil changes and the dealer told me that my V6 wasn't designed for syn. :icon_confused: I've never heard of an engine being "designed" for syn. But aside from that they wanted me to pay $50+ for the extra cost of the oil. :eek: Hell I could do it myself for less than that. :icon_rolleyes:

I may run it now that I'm done with the "free" oil changes, not sure yet.

Synthetic from factory. I had my first of lifetime free oil changes from the dealer done and will be sending a sample to Blackstone to confirm they put synthetic in as required.

How did you manage to swing free lifetime oil changes?

I wanted to run synthetic in mine. I was using the Toyotacare oil changes and the dealer told me that my V6 wasn't designed for syn. :icon_confused: I've never heard of an engine being "designed" for syn.

Yeeeeeeah...that's a new one on me too.

How did you manage to swing free lifetime oil changes?

It was something this particular dealer offers with the purchase of a certified Toyota.

Not sure how I feel about it. I love free stuff as much as the next guy but I need to find out if the warranty on the engine would still apply if I change the oil myself. That way I would know for sure that synthetic went in and the monkey changing at the dealership won't " miss the hole so don't worry about the burning oil smell " and spill oil all over my valve cover and engine. :censored:

Synthetic. I try to do my own oil changes. But usually, I have to drop the truck at my mechanics shop. I need to find more time

Synthetic since 1500 miles on the ticker :D

Changed every 5000-10,000 depending on the driving conditions. Toyota recommended oil change interval for full synthetic in all their vehicles is 10k and 5k if your using conventional. Its in my service manual and told to me by my device dept.

I use regular earl every 5000. I do use synthetic in my mustang, but its supercharged and the motor is built.

3k on old school 5w30 with additive im a mechanic oil changes are your cheapest insurance why wouldnt you take care of it for a little now or lots later

I use Valvoline 10W-40 in the engine, I know it calls for 5W-30 but I've always use 10W-40 in all my vehicles and never once had any engine problems. It's a little thicker so it gives better protection. Now on the gear oil I'm changing over to Royal Purple Synthetic 75W-90 from what I've been reading it seems to be the best out there. I have to see if I have any Valvoline 80W-90 left, if I do I'll use it up 1st. I have front & rear differential, transfer case and manual transmission to do, so what dino I have left will fill something and synthetic the rest. Next change will be all Royal Purple.

Toyota gave me free oil changes up to 25k and the Toyota garage I bought at does lifetime so they do my oil changes every 5k. I changes my front diff used Mobil 1 but going to change the front and rear and transfer case soon almost to 30k and gonna run amsoil

Mobil-1 Synthetic with Toyota Filters. ;) The changes on this truck can literally be done in about 15minutes (including proper drain time).

Back