2016 Tacoma 4 door model wind noise

I get the same noise exactly at 55 mph !
Call the manufacturer file a complaint they know about the problem and they do not have a fix ask for a refund the current fix for it is called a field fix meaning a temporary fix and they do not have a timeline on when a fix will come out file a complaint with NHTSA and mention the problem this problem is a very distracting noise while driving on long trips

I am just getting ready to trade it in . From the sunroof that you can watch leak into the channels everytime it rains , to the noise that came from the lower swing arm holes and know the wind noise at 55

I am just getting ready to trade it in . From the sunroof that you can watch leak into the channels everytime it rains , to the noise that came from the lower swing arm holes and know the wind noise at 55
What year is it? Well i recomend not to get a tacoma at this moment the newer models are having the same problem

Hi Ivee had my Tacoma for about 10 days now and I have identified an obnoxious issue. There is a very anoying noise issue when driving at free way speeds on a windy day. a squeaky howl occurse, it seems to be coming from passenger side window. I have yet ben able to reproduce the sound for the dealer. Ill post more if and when a resolution is forth coming.
Record the problem, call the manufacturer file a complaint with them the only fix they have at this moment is a field fix witch is a temporary fix they do not have a timeline for a fix at this moment could take months , years , file a complaint with NHTSA AS WELL

Hi Bob
Please send me your case report. I have the same issue going to the dealer on Monday. I agree more we complain better chances Toyota will be able to give a solution.
File a complaint with Toyota manufacturer they will take ur case dealers do not have a fix it is only a temporary the temporary fix is called a field fix I don't like waiting months or years for a fix it takes toyota to aprove a fix and or a redesign can u emagine how long we will have to wait that's why i am asking for a full refund

Hi Ivee had my Tacoma for about 10 days now and I have identified an obnoxious issue. There is a very anoying noise issue when driving at free way speeds on a windy day. a squeaky howl occurse, it seems to be coming from passenger side window. I have yet ben able to reproduce the sound for the dealer. Ill post more if and when a resolution is forth coming.

I have the same thing but on the driver's side at speeds above 80 mph

Same issue for me 2016 Tacoma TRD off road Double cab, makes the wind noise with a cross wind we just did a 5k mile trip and had to deal with it for hours and hours loud enough that you still hear it over the radio. If the wind comes from the right the driver side had the noise and if from left side the passenger side has the noise. based on the rest of the forum I opened a case as well. My truck cost me 43k and hard to deal with this for the cost of the truck. Then 3k through our trip I get the other noise mentioned the higher pitched noise on the driver side sounds like near mirror or floor board that sounds like plastic hitting glass.

I had a wind noise on my 2015 Tacoma. The noise came from the drivers side. It sounded like the window wasn't all the way up. The noise always started when I was traveling 40 MPH or more. So I took my truck to the dealership (Maplewood Toyota in MN) and they determined the noise was coming from the base of the mirror. So they removed the mirror and filled the base with foam. This fixed the problem.

I have the same problem on my '16 model and I showed the service guys this post. They looked at me like I had two heads and so I still have the problem. They wanted to replace windshield but wouldn't let them as I knew that wasn't the problem.

Jack

So I took mine in for the noise that was happening around 55 mph from the passengers side. Service manager and I went for a drive so he could hear it for himself he heard it and explained it as something called ring and pinion. He also has the same truck as I do 2016 Tacoma 4door trd sport. So we took his for a ride to see if it makes the same noise and it did! But not as loud. So he has filled out report and it has been sent to Toyota. So I'll keep ya all posted. Has anyone else heard of this "ring and pinion"?

So I took mine in for the noise that was happening around 55 mph from the passengers side. Service manager and I went for a drive so he could hear it for himself he heard it and explained it as something called ring and pinion. He also has the same truck as I do 2016 Tacoma 4door trd sport. So we took his for a ride to see if it makes the same noise and it did! But not as loud. So he has filled out report and it has been sent to Toyota. So I'll keep ya all posted. Has anyone else heard of this "ring and pinion"?
By by rear end ons a new truck?

I have a 2016 Toyota TSS that was making the same noise. I took it to the dealer and noise was coming from passenger side windshield seal. You can show them the video from you tube. Wind noise Tacoma

Last edited:
Bought my 2016 Tacoma in April after selling my 2003 after 13 years and 225,000 miles. What a disappointment!!!! The truck has been at the dealer 3 times for door wind noise. The last time it was at the dealer for 5 weeks. Apparently this problem has been going on with the model for a very long time with no resolve.

Check on you tube under windshield noise tacoma if that's the same noise the dealer needs to reseal windshield. That's how mine got fixed.

After 5 weeks at the dealer, I believe they solved our howl issue by replacing the window and door seals on both front doors. We've had it back a week and no issues even after a weekend road trip that was about 900 miles. We were at 80 mph is SD winds for most of it so we're hoping. There is definitely a difference between road noise and the horrible noise it produced. Search this site, there are several videos of this noise. We also did a video of ours and supplied it to our Toyota dealer as they could never hear it either.

So....I bought my 2016 Toyota Tacoma brand new... Its been leaking around the windshield on the drivers side...every time it rains, it leaks...I was driving down the interstate and a vehicle in front of me kicked up some rocks and the chipped the windshield, literally cracking it.. the dealership told me the crack was the cause of the leak...umm wrong...I had the windshield replaced today by safe-lite. The technician showed me the windshield and guess what......crickets.......chirp chirp.......there was no bonding adhesive on the windshield on the drivers side....Problem??? i think so.. How dangerous is that?? I am not a happy camper...Anyone have any issues with the windshield leaking???

Back