2024 Toyota Tacoma to be revealed May 19th, 2023 !

TexasBigBlue

• Along with teasing the 2024 Toyota Tacoma's different body styles, the company announced it'll be revealed on May 19.
  • Based on four silhouette images, the next-gen Taco will offer an extended cab, a crew cab, as well as short and long wheelbases.
  • One silhouette teases the low-profile roof rack and prominent sport bar that will be featured on the new Trailhunter model
  • Recapping previous tidbits about the Tacoma, we know it's getting at least one hybrid powertrain, though it's not clear if it will be a four- or six-cylinder. A manual transmission will be offered as well.
my24-tacoma-teaser-001-6452cdfe475d1.jpg

my24-tacoma-teaser-002-6452ce655135c.jpg

My take on it is that base (SR and SR5) versions would probably use an A25 series engine, all others except TRD Pro would use some form of the T24 series, while the TRD Pro would use the V35 series.

The SR and SR5 would use a hybrid version of the A25, like what is used in the Crown, as it is a longitudinal engine. This would help maintain a high CAFE rating. Power would be in the 175hp, 170lb-ft (both +/-5) range, with maximum torque around 3500 rpm.

The other trims, outside of the TRD Pro, will probably get a non-hybrid version of the T24 series. I would speculate about 270hp and about 320lb-ft., with max torque around 2000-2500rpm. I would look for the 6-speed manual in these trims. I'm tempted to speculate that the Limited trim would feature a hybrid T24 with about 290-310hp, and possibly be an option on other mid-level trims.

The TRD Pro, in order to compete with the Ranger Raptor and Colorado ZR2, should come with a V35 engine. This one probably won't be hybridized, and power levels mirroring those of non-hybrid Tundras. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a manual transmission offered.

Actually from what I've already gotten a peak what the 2024 taco will look like....it will have similar features to look like a mini tundra

Call me crazy, but on May 19th, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new gen4 Tacoma and a $500 deposit with Mountain States Toyota. I was holding out on the hope that Toyota was gong to offer a MT one last time and this is it with the gen4. And I really think this will be the last MT for Tacoma's.

On May 3, 2023, at 2:12 PM, "Van Binsbergen, Timothy S." <Tim.VanBinsbergen@mountainstatestoyota.com> wrote:
Thank you very much Bry. We have put you first on the list. Frankly, you are the only one the list as we will not be taking any deposits until we have learned the launch date. However.. you will be first!

Tim Van Binsbergen
General Manager
Mountain States Toyota
303 210 2457 cell

Sent:Wednesday, May 3, 2023 12:55 PM
To:Van Binsbergen, Timothy S. <Tim.VanBinsbergen@mountainstatestoyota.com>
Subject: 2024 Tacoma Sport TRD manuel transmission

Greetings from Texas Tim,
Thank you for taking my call this morning. I look forward to seeing you again for my third (2014, 2020, and now 2024) new purchase Tacoma from your dealership this year when the 4th gen gets released May 19th. The following is my dream build;

1. Tacoma TRD Sport
2. 6-speed Manuel Transmission
3. 4WD
4. Double cab
5. 6-cyl engine or 4-cyl turbocharged
6. cloth gray interior
7. TRD Sport trim package
8. Exterior Color; 1st choice Purple, 2nd choice Yellow, 3rd choice VooDooBlue

I'm looking forward to a one-way airplane ticket from Dallas to Denver and the 754 mile drive back to Denton, Texas. Pleas call me if you need additional information. Thanks again Tim.

Respectfully,
Bry
US Army Retired
Denton, Texas

Attachments

• IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    666.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1601.JPG
    IMG_1601.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 9
Call me crazy, but on May 19th, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new gen4 Tacoma and a $500 deposit with Mountain States Toyota. I was holding out on the hope that Toyota was gong to offer a MT one last time and this is it with the gen4. And I really think this will be the last MT for Tacoma's.
U R gittin ridda big blue?

U R gittin ridda big blue?
Yes and No Jay. If, and I mean if, Toyota really does offer a manuel transmission in the gen4, then yes, my oldest son will buy BigBlue and sell his 2016 Tacoma to one of my nephews (talk about keeping things in the family). I'm ready to pull the trigger yesterday. There haven't been any Tacoma "teasers" as of late so I'm just going to wait and see when they release/announce the gen4 this coming Friday….

Just my experience with toyota this century, I'd never buy a first year model. They're not much better than the domestics for being gremlin free. Seems you need to give them at least 3 years to work out all the bugs. Imo, toyota is no longer what they were decades ago.

Just my experience with toyota this century, I'd never buy a first year model. They're not much better than the domestics for being gremlin free. Seems you need to give them at least 3 years to work out all the bugs. Imo, toyota is no longer what they were decades ago.

FIRST model year owner here. No issues in the first 125k miles.

FIRST model year owner here. No issues in the first 125k miles.
You're extremely lucky. A company here had a fleet of 3rd gen tacoma's. They switched from colorado's to them in 2016. Most those 2016's had more issues than you'd expect. They stopped buying tacoma's in 2020, and now have mostly rangers.

What We Know About The 2024 Toyota Tacoma 24 Hours Before Launch [Updated]
BYAYUSH ARYA
PUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO

Update 5/18/2023 5:15 pm ET: In the lead-up to the 2024 Toyota Tacoma's reveal scheduled for May 19, our friends over at Tacoma4G leaked the official press release. The leak reveals an official look at the all-new 2024 Tacoma along with details surrounding its powertrain, refreshed interior, Trailerhunter trim, and more.

Toyota will reveal the next-generation Tacoma tomorrow. It is among one of the biggest launches of this year. A recently leaked image did divulge what the new Taco will look like. But most details related to the updated version of the popular mid-size truck are still under wraps.

Toyota has been dropping a lot of teasers on its social media, giving a few hints of what we can expect. The renewed version of the Sequoia and Tundra also tells us about the upgrades that the redesigned Tacoma might get, and it all looks pretty exciting!

The 2024 Tacoma will get a fresh set of powertrain options, a restyled cabin with better ergonomics and more tech, improved off-road performance, and a superior ride, among a bunch of other things. With all these improvements, it'll stand as a more formidable rival to Chevrolet Colorado and Nissan Frontier. With 24 hours to go before the updated Taco arrives, here is everything that we know about it so far.

The current-gen Tacoma has been around for a while. It received minor updates over the years, but its exterior design has remained pretty much the same. It's a classic look that still appears tough and rugged. But it seems outdated. The updated version will change that. Teasers reveal that the new Taco will undergo a complete redesign. It will take inspiration from the exterior styling of the 2023 Tundra and Sequoia. This means a chunkier design with an impressive street presence.

The leaked image shows a muscular hood with a headlight assembly similar to the new Tundra. The front gets a beefed-up look with a restyled grille. The front and rear quarter panels get thick lines, and the stubby wheel arches add to the rugged look. At the back, the taillight assembly will again remind you of the revised Tundra.

Tacoma's current engine line-up is reliable but old. Base models come with a gasoline 4-cylinder that produces 159 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. It's severely down on power, and best to stay away from. Higher trims get a 278 horsepower V6 which produces 265 lb-ft of torque. Two transmission options are available: a 6-speed automatic and a 6-speed manual. The Tacoma is the only mid-size truck currently offering a stick shift. While the V6 is a better option than the underpowered 4-cylinder, it's still not a match to the more modern powertrains of Tacoma's rivals.

Last edited:
Back