2024 Toyota Tacoma to be revealed May 19th, 2023 !

My take on it is that base (SR and SR5) versions would probably use an A25 series engine, all others except TRD Pro would use some form of the T24 series, while the TRD Pro would use the V35 series.

The SR and SR5 would use a hybrid version of the A25, like what is used in the Crown, as it is a longitudinal engine. This would help maintain a high CAFE rating. Power would be in the 175hp, 170lb-ft (both +/-5) range, with maximum torque around 3500 rpm.

The other trims, outside of the TRD Pro, will probably get a non-hybrid version of the T24 series. I would speculate about 270hp and about 320lb-ft., with max torque around 2000-2500rpm. I would look for the 6-speed manual in these trims. I'm tempted to speculate that the Limited trim would feature a hybrid T24 with about 290-310hp, and possibly be an option on other mid-level trims.

The TRD Pro, in order to compete with the Ranger Raptor and Colorado ZR2, should come with a V35 engine. This one probably won't be hybridized, and power levels mirroring those of non-hybrid Tundras. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a manual transmission offered.

I was wrong on SR, SR5 and TRD Pro engines, but pretty well nailed it for the other trims. Base trims get a detuned T24, which is nice. TRD Pro and Trailhunter get the T24 HybridMax engine, which looks to be tuned more fore torque than horsepower.

I'm a little excited to see them arrive at the dealership.

Those all look nothing like next to what I have :(
Small tight and compact with barely enough room in the back to store goodies so the border patrol cannot find them LMAO

I must have crossed the northern border close to 50 times with my various toyota 4x4 pickups from 1979-2006, and never once was searched. They must think jay is special, and want to show him some good ol' Canadian hospitality.:rolleyes:

My grandfather crossed over to Canada, into Windsor, at least 10 times a day (night?) in the winter back during prohibition. The Detroit river would freeze over. They never searched him, either. Guess he was never caught.

I must have crossed the northern border close to 50 times with my various toyota 4x4 pickups from 1979-2006, and never once was searched They must think jay is special, and want to show him some good ol' Canadian hospitality.:rolleyes:

They did not know why I wanted to go to QC instead of Montreal for one thing

But that's not half as bad as US customs were searching the truck in the cold snow in Montana and their awful questions trying to confuse me when all I did was make a uTurn after the Canada border

Back