77,777 milestone

Get the belt off the pulleys, then it can be maneuvered around the fan blade and shroud.

Of course, if you need to make the task more difficult, you can remove the shroud and the left front wheel.

I may need to take both front wheels off to lower it to the ground more to reach around that fan if shroud stays on that blade is buried deep inside there

Cut the belt in half and then restaple it?

Last edited:
so this stupid AT takes nearly 11 qts of oil just for a pan d/f
GLA! that is some heavy coin at 10$ to 11$ a quart
no wonder the dealer wants nearly 300$ for this task
o_O

1699982372546.png

Last edited:
It only takes that many qts if doing a flush. You only need to do a drain, and refill which takes 3-4 qts.

The AAP spec on the screen had the 4speed as capacity 10.8 qts
He look it up for me right there

the AAP counter guy wanted to sell me some ATF for this Taco at 11$ a quart for FRAM brand

dealer OEM genuine is not much more than 5$ per quart on that discount

wtfh??

For once I agree with the toyota god...just do drain, and refills on schedule with the original toyota atf, and live is good.

i almost bot the pricey WS stuff for this truck
WS = World Standard

glad i did some more DD on the topic
but really somebody should've alerted I to the differences

Don't rely on people on the internet to spoon feed you. If you have an owners manual, read it. The manual will tell you exactly what type atf is in that year model truck, and how much needed for a drain and refill.

i rely on those with knowledge + experiences that i do not yet possess...
what else is there to do!?

i have browsed for online FSM manual for this truck but have not unearthed one yet

i rely on those with knowledge + experiences that i do not yet possess...
what else is there to do!?

i have browsed for online FSM manual for this truck but have not unearthed one yet
It's in the owners manual to read if doing basic maintenance. You don't need to possess a high skill level long as able to read.

A drain & fill will only drain about 3-4 qts. Tacojoel is correct, so is Toyota. A completely empty trans needs about 12 quarts.

But yours isn't completely empty after a drain & fill.

Of course, you can buy 12 quarts, use 3-4 quarts, then take the unopened 8-9 quarts back for a refund.

Back