a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

You are fortunate. I believe the coolant change interval is 100 kmiles. Also for a radiator hose to survive 26 years is rare indeed.

You should probably consider doing the same service on the upper hose, the thermostat bypass hose and the heater supply hoses.

Except for the 2 100k mile timing belt replacements, I still had the original hoses in tundra 19 years later. No leak's. Dealer probably replaced, or added new coolant when they did the timing belt kit, which included a new water pump.

I had a washer pump fail on one of my Toyota pickups in the 80's. Went to the auto parts store and bought a cheap universal pump that I plumbed in. Worked better than new.

I had a washer pump fail on one of my Toyota pickups in the 80's. Went to the auto parts store and bought a cheap universal pump that I plumbed in. Worked better than new.
pump still works! was pumping air though... then i saw the drip drip drip :confused:

The actual toyota pump on one of my pickups had ruptured open, and was pouring out fluid. I think the washer fluid froze in it as it was during winter.

Perhaps weep is stopping?
Wasn't oozing out like I caught it doing B4

Back