a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

If you backed off the the star adjuster, you likely wouldn't of needed the mallet.
cannot easily reach that star adjuster behind there properly whilst hobbled underneath on my shoulder with just one useful arm to reach :confused:

some yotas have the star adjuster access hole in the front through the drum, that would be better to have in my situation

Take a compression test of all the cylinders, and see what they read, opposed to what they should.

perhaps i need this installed for the mountain wheels up the steeper grades

perhaps i need this installed for the mountain wheels up the steeper grades

Turbo is better imo.

i just read that turbo is not allowed in some states per inspection

superCharger is 50-state compliant
Never heard that one. Many cars, especially today, and just about all large trucks are turbo equipped. It would mean the new tacoma would be illegal to be sold, or operated in those states.

Linked to quote From my taco peer in Denver with 750k supercharged miles on his rig

1693600511991.png

Headgasket went in the 400ks
Less costly then to put lower mileage (I forget how many maybe 100k miles?) Engine replacement rather than to repair replace the gaskets he said

Got an appointment setup at a local brakesplus shop tomorrow
They, unlike the dealer, will do a complete and no charge thorough inspection, even pulling the drums if they can... The last yota dealer tech last year was not able to pull the drums and said that he tried EVERYTHING... Wot a lying sacka sheet

The brakesplus guy said it perhaps is axle grease leaking into the drums

I've never been to this shop so I must remain positive after the many numerous hackshops I've been to in the past few years for maintenance and upkeep

BrakesPlus shop was extremely shorthanded yesterday
my appt was at 2pm and they had me waiting until 5pm until they got the truck in for examination of the braking parts

he pinpointed the cause of 'mushy' brakes to an uneven high spot on the rear drums
and that turning/resurfacing those drums will fix that issue along with adjusting the rear shoes
have to go back next week since they were about to close and they need about an hour to turn those drums

Usually its the fronts that do 70% of your braking. You must have quite a bit of weight in your bed that it has affected the rears to develop a mushy feel. Surprised you didn't say anything about a pulsing brake petal when stepping on it.
You gotta beware of some of these shops when miles from home on the road. Many shops don't give a crap if they fix the issue well, or not, long they get paid. They always figure you're going to be miles away, if the problem returns, and not likely to travel back to them.

Last edited:
Back