a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

I'm just happy I had an OEM hub new on hand for them that I bot in late 2o21 from Toyota of north Miami for 45% off the then MSRP and I bot two of em lol
Also picked up a yota bearing then for 75$ that they would've charged 160$ if I didn't have it
I do have them supply the new seals at full MSRP i couldn't find in the stash
Just hoping they find the cv axle to not be damaged coz it sure was wobbling inside the roasted bearing :eek:
Why don't ya just take the $15,980 and make it a down payment on a new Taco.

Not all afaik
Only the SR5 then was standard v6
I could be wrong so I should check
No sir. Do not mix the trims with the engines. The SR5 2WD had the 4-banger and the SR5 4WD offered the 6-cyl only. Now back to the "You and I both know the 95-98 4WD Tacos ALL came with a V6. Try again. Ya know what ? You might be right. I guess it depends what your asking.

No sir. Do not mix the trims with the engines. The SR5 2WD had the 4-banger and the SR5 4WD offered the 6-cyl only. Now back to the "You and I both know the 95-98 4WD Tacos ALL came with a V6. Try again. Ya know what ? You might be right. I guess it depends what your asking.
Did Toyota offer a 4-cyl engine in a 4WD model in 1995-1998 ? My brain says no but he's been wrong before.

Holy crap 8-county Husker! I was wrong and you sir are correct. I did not know. I bow to you but tomorrow morning a whole new day starts. ;)

are there other options in the compact 4x4 market?

maybe a little Ford Ranger? those seem to be holding up somewhat after a 1/4 century and 200k+ miles

Some like the older vehicles to fix them up keep em going
Low tech vehicles with very little computer sensor garbage all over the place

Last edited:
... truck still at the dealer shop
Been there for 24hrs now o_O
Hope they don't find that the knuckle was roached because of two bad bearing installs!

Back