a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

Did they need to replace front end parts? Usually thats a reason as they wear out, so does the the wheel alignment.

Did they need to replace front end parts? Usually thats a reason as they wear out, so does the the wheel alignment.

no mention of the worn tired parts on le front of le taco :confused:
not even a mention of the weeping steering rack

it was a fireStone shop of all places
It's hit and miss with those franchise dealers. You gotta hope they employ good techs. I ended up up going to 3 shops to fix a tire wearing issue on my tundra, before a friend recommended a midas dealer in his city. They fixed it 1st try. They told me there are times when the alignment checks within specs., but you got to rely on experience to fix the odd issues, like your truck. They tweaked the camber a bit claiming it was very possible the trucks frame being slightly off when it was manufactured was the cause of it

Any vehicle can go a million miles as long as you keep plunking parts in it, and rebuilding it. I just don't see the wisdom in that line of thinking. By the time your done spending all that money, and time, you could have bought a couple newer trucks with all the upgrades.

Any vehicle can go a million miles as long as you keep plunking parts in it, and rebuilding it. I just don't see the wisdom in that line of thinking. By the time your done spending all that money, and time, you could have bought a couple newer trucks with all the upgrades.

a couple of newer trucks these days will cost U nearly 100,000$

if Tundra make it 150,000$

If your looking top of the line brandy new.

my rig was top-of-the-line in its day lol
just missing the sun-roof option and perhaps one other item
dont wanna pick somebody else's problem truck, they got rid of it for a reason or another

You could almost buy a base model taco, and have nearly all, or even more stuff in it, than when your truck was new. I was a bit surprised all the crap my 2020 had compared to the 2001 tundra. Some of it, I liked, but a lot of it, like all the nanny bs, I could have done without.
As far as used trucks, I won't argue there. It's hit or miss buying used. I seem to have excellent luck buying used lawn tractors, and mowers. Usually I can buy them cheap, cause they're moving, and they won't ship them along to their new home.

Last edited:
Welp, the wheel bearing front and left took a big crap, only lasted 110k miles :confused:
Dealer service dept is doing it this time with supplied OEM bearing and hub, since they said it was the hub that roached the bearing.
That hub now has MSRP of 295$ :eek: and is onna backOrder

Welp, the wheel bearing front and left took a big crap, only lasted 110k miles :confused:
Dealer service dept is doing it this time with supplied OEM bearing and hub, since they said it was the hub that roached the bearing.
That hub now has MSRP of 295$ :eek: and is onna backOrder
Ya know Jay, I'm really starting to see Tacojoel's point; maybe it's time to spend all that "parts" money and divert it to a brand new pickup truck. "Here a hundred there a hundred everywhere a hundred hundred, Old McJay had a farm, E I E I O"…..Come on man !

$15,980
Used 1997 Toyota Tacoma for sale
Access cab, 4WD full size spare tire 199,953 miles
One owner purchased 3/14/1997
No accident/damage as per CARFAX
Fall Creek Motors
Humble, Texas
(281) 688-9049

1695166430089.png

Last edited:
Great gobs of greasy, grimy gopher guts!!!!!

I guess I got a better deal than I realized when I got the '06 Tacoma for $15,300 at 105,xxx miles.

Ya know Jay, I'm really starting to see Tacojoel's point; maybe it's time to spend all that "parts" money and divert it to a brand new pickup truck. "Here a hundred there a hundred everywhere a hundred hundred, Old McJay had a farm, E I E I O"…..Come on man !

$15,980
Fall Creek Motors
Humble, Texas
(281) 688-9049

View attachment 40420
I'm just happy I had an OEM hub new on hand for them that I bot in late 2o21 from Toyota of north Miami for 45% off the then MSRP and I bot two of em lol
Also picked up a yota bearing then for 75$ that they would've charged 160$ if I didn't have it
I do have them supply the new seals at full MSRP i couldn't find in the stash
Just hoping they find the cv axle to not be damaged coz it sure was wobbling inside the roasted bearing :eek:

$15,980
Fall Creek Motors
Humble, Texas
(281) 688-9049

View attachment 40420
Is that red beauty a v6 or 4 bangar?

Back