a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

Have U been onit?
I read it's one crooked twisted road through the middle of highrise buildings
Fishing is boring imho, some say the same about baseball lol
Fishing is not boring if you know what you're doing.
As far as the BQE...no, only that I've known of it. Thought is was a walkway, and cyclist path.

Jay ! Get a hold of yourself son. Please. Driving thru LasVegas, Nevada at 7pm should never turn anybody on. Take a nice cold shower (it's 101 degrees in Denton County) and get some sleep !
GLA! I spoketh too soon
It was 11pm EST ... a few more days back entering a foreign & strange land
...Entered on the 85 from the SW and exited on the 75 NW
wheeled it right down the smack middle 75/85 on the darkest of nights o_O
One high-speed multi-lane changer almost flipped their vehicle right smack in fronta me :eek:
thrilling...

71Atlanta.jpg

GLA! I spoketh too soon
It was 11pm EST ... a few more days back entering a foreign & strange land
...Entered on the 85 from the SW and exited on the 75 NW
wheeled it right down the smack middle 75/85 on the darkest of nights o_O
One high-speed multi-lane changer almost flipped their vehicle right smack in fronta me :eek:
thrilling...

View attachment 40619
You didnt by chance see our ole friend Ragnar the Redneck from North Georgia did you ?

Sitting in a Starbucks line currently
Waiting to get onto that wicked 62 over the Ohio and Mississippi at cairo
Less than a mile in Illinois spent back

engine oil needs changed and monitored...
should i send in a current sample to the lab in Indiana?

ordered this convenient 6qt smartChangePak
eco-friendly packaging :)

1696256038590.png

I disagree. Probably a good idea to send in a sample. Perhaps the results will offer an accurate assessment of the worn out engine. Of course, the analysis will not address the clutch, trans, drive train, suspension or brakes.

Idk, what would be accomplished with an oil sample on a played out engine thats been on borrowed time? I sent an oil sample to blackstone labs at a 100k, and 200k miles on my 2001 tundra. The results on the sheets were roughly the same. By the time I had nearly 300k, the truck needed so many components I decided to sell it while it was still worth something to someone.

Engine was fine except needing a timing belt kit...that includes the serpentine belt, and water pump along with the timing belt itself. All for close to a $1k. Maintenance on this 4.7 tundra engine isn't cheap. Other than that, my passenger side exhaust manifold developed a small leak. I would be needing 2 exhaust manifolds real soon with an entire exhaust system with 4 o2 sensors ...another $3-4k easy. With 292k miles on the odo, I had to be an idiot to put that kind of funds into it, only to have something else major crap out weeks later. I've owned Toyotas in the past, you learn when its time to send them done the road.

3-October-2o23
for all i know this pesky rattle at certain RPMs under acceleration COULD BE a pesky exhaust leak :mad: those pipes do look very weathered
I've had far too many exhaust leaks on the old Gen7 Corolla

Last edited:
I sometimes wonder if I'm making any progress.:confused:
You can quit wondering. You're not.

I've tried multiple times and on numerous occasions to assist. The resulting path is always the same. Begin on one issue then very soon a derail problem manifests, and the original issue is lost. Example. Latest path began with a suspected carrier bearing problem, questions were asked, suggestions offered, soon the problem morphed into a knock sensor.................. doink.......o_O

I'll offer constructive help with rational and logic along with diagnostic paths. But eventually, things are so far from the original issue that all is lost.

I've come to the conclusion the issues are cries for attention. There is zero interest in repair. Only goal is to reach a mileage target as quickly as possible despite the condition or drivability of the vehicle.

Soon, the poor neglected vehicle will quit.

Last edited:
dropped the engine oil plug today
5qts definitely did NOT come out from what I poured into the recycle jug
Small amount of oil weeping found behind the VCG on the right back against firewall

I made sure to fill to full mark on dipstick with a brand new oem filter after tussling with that front radiator splash shield skid platey
now must monitor level and see whut's whut

And whut ya no... found another issue underneath with grease all over everywhere
GLA o_O

Last edited:
You can quit wondering. You're not.

I've tried multiple times and on numerous occasions to assist. The resulting path is always the same. Begin on one issue then very soon a derail problem manifests, and the original issue is lost. Example. Latest path began with a suspected carrier bearing problem, questions were asked, suggestions offered, soon the problem morphed into a knock sensor.................. doink.......o_O

I'll offer constructive help with rational and logic along with diagnostic paths. But eventually, things are so far from the original issue that all is lost.

I've come to the conclusion the issues are cries for attention. There is zero interest in repair. Only goal is to reach a mileage target as quickly as possible despite the condition or drivability of the vehicle.

Soon, the poor neglected vehicle will quit.
:( I can only recommend a good pair of walking shoes.

Back