a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

well well
i wheeled over this on Saturday going back across to Missouri
looks like i was one of the last however many to cross before the year-long closure
it was definitely a rambunctious shiittShow from the broken expansion joints

Diy oil and oil filter change took darned near six hours to accomplish and not done yet.. skid plate needs to be reinstalled
Had a struggle with the filter wrench inna cramped spot to get at underneath
There was a meal break also included in that time taken between thundershowers

Last edited:
Got the taco engine tested today along with new type of plugs than before
The report and pics taken were extremely positive with a noted healthy + strong engine that the techs said they haven't really seen before on a 26yr old engine with over 1/3rd million miles
I still have to verify these numbers they gave me to check within tolerance level

Diy oil and oil filter change took darned near six hours to accomplish and not done yet.. skid plate needs to be reinstalled
Had a struggle with the filter wrench inna cramped spot to get at underneath
There was a meal break also included in that time taken between thundershowers

well now that outside temps are falling over the ledges the rattle probably isn't going to pop up if its a hot-weather issue
a first frost is expected around here tomorrow

The leaves are turning color here, but the days are nearly 80 degrees. Once it stops raining for a couple days, its real nice.

new cvaxles in and ready to test see how it goes with the very limited warranty
old original ones were shredded to shiittt... hopefully they are roBootable when those parts come off of backOrder

are U surprised this truck has not ever had a misFire code develop in 335k miles and counting
debating to get injectors removed, tested and reBuilt at the motorWest

I doubt it, Its likely some sort of heat shield.

i don't know this part well not at all
there may or may not be a heatshield somehow attached welded from the factory on the new part that has worked itself loosey goosey on the pipe

1696769118919.png

That crossover pipe was rubber hose on those early v6 engines till toyota got wise, and made them out of metal. When it ruptured, your engine lost all its oil, and seized up.

That crossover pipe was rubber hose on those early v6 engines till toyota got wise, and made them out of metal. When it ruptured, your engine lost all its oil, and seized up.

why the heck would they make an exhaust pipe outta rubber??

It's not exhaust...thats an engine crossover pipe that supplies oil to the engine. Toyota had rubber hose's at one time that became compromised as they got older, some ruptured blowing the engine. The exhaust has always used stainless steel pipes. Their far much larger, and different looking than the picture you posted.

Maybe I'm not interpreting that pic well, or its pictured upside down, but it sure looks like a crossover pipe for one of their v6 engines.

Back