a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

perhaps the most storied as well?
but i would not call it rebuilt or anything at the moment
just replacing aged worn parts to keep on truckin'

~3300 mile (338507) oil level check OLC looks good to full top dot on checkStick still
so if it is weeping OR burning oil, at what mileage will it start getting noticeably lower on the checkstick

tires continue getting long-in-the-tooth
nearly 129k miles on those buggards
gotta find a good appointment to get the new tires fitted on

At a 129k miles, those tires need to go in the Smithsonian as an all-time record. Tires today are lucky to last half that.

I know! LMAO
They still have some small meat left could push on them even further but the slick winter stuff is on its way sooner or later

need some warmer weather to clean out the threads under that fuel tank strappings and get this hot'n newly glossed powdercoated fuel tank lower shield installed back on under there

yah, so i looked into the Helicoil thing to repair some roached threads trucks got deep underneath

that task is a bit above my level to attempt to repair those the dealer fukked up over the decades if that is how they were roached

how long is the time approximated to get those repaired by someone with more abilities than I

yah, so i looked into the Helicoil thing to repair some roached threads trucks got deep underneath

that task is a bit above my level to attempt to repair those the dealer fukked up over the decades if that is how they were roached

how long is the time approximated to get those repaired by someone with more abilities than I
Depending on the depth of the threaded material, helicoil inserts may, or may not be able to be used. Might be just as well to tap the hole to the next size bolt.

I sure wish the road to 500k goes smoother than the road to 400k is going
Because I am literally exhausted every day anymore :confused:

the engine is very strong still afaik
i do not beat upon it
only known issue on 5VZ i know of is a potential headgasket weep perhaps nearing the 500k mark

you would think with a ripped OTR boot that is somewhat loosey goosey i would have some major wonky steering and turning issues
yet it does not, it turns true with no ish still...

Engines at that stage can drop a valve, crack a cylinder head, or break rings at any time. You're only fooling yourself it will not happen. Would you like someone telling you gotta keep working hard when your 100 years old?

Last edited:
Back