a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

well it started right up :) after 15 days down
i feel like packing them miles to 500k and then treat it to a brand-new windshield coz this one is getting the gadzillions of pits after it replaced at 114k

Last edited:
Thats not really true 4 wheeling. I use 4wd for that also here, when the roads are snowy, or icy, just like many others at that time of year..

how about wheelin' them neighborhood hills during a nasty blizzard event?
its been a few years now since we had the opportunity to do that right there

wreck bait.....

Please do everyone a solid, yourself included. Stop taking pics of your odo while ripping along at 70 mph.

You're on pace to hit 400,000 in about 24 months if ya keep the wheels in motion. :)

View attachment 41477
View attachment 41478
yah down 2 weeks for maintenance setback some, i was planning on heading to Georgia and Carolinas again when the front drive shaft boots blewout
not entirely sure how long the setback is going to be in December after dropping truck off for many needed repairs including the clutch, power steering rack that is leaking more and more and more, and the LCAs...

yah down 2 weeks for maintenance setback some, i was planning on heading to Georgia and Carolinas again when the front drive shaft boots blewout
not entirely sure how long the setback is going to be in December after dropping truck off for many needed repairs including the clutch, power steering rack that is leaking more and more and more, and the LCAs...
Crazy question; when my oldest had his 95 Taco the drivers side seatbelt spring/ratchet quit working after many many years. After all these years with your 97 have ya had issues with seatbelts ?

Crazy question; when my oldest had his 95 Taco the drivers side seatbelt spring/ratchet quit working after many many years. After all these years with your 97 have ya had issues with seatbelts ?

oh yes, can't recall when the driver belt would not fully retract on its own for the first time
i have to hand feed and pull and yank and hand feed it back in everytime all the time
its an insanely common problem amongst the Gen1 line i found out

2700 mile oil level check OLC
looks good to full top dot on checkStick still

fresh tank of tacoJuice at Shell
it was 278c for the 87 after 10c Off
lowest price i recall in nearly 2 years

Must of asked more than once if the needle bearing for the driver side axle hub was ever replaced. If you flip the truck in 4hi, and the vibration goes away, its likely the needle bearing has taken a dump.

Last edited:
i need to find timmy toolman video on a needle bearing replacement
will the whole front differential need to be removed from truck to do this task?

i failed to take a pic of the front diff drain plug magnet, like i did with the rear drain plug

there were NO noticeable shavings from that front diff drain on the magnet

i need to find timmy toolman video on a needle bearing replacement
will the whole front differential need to be removed from truck to do this task?
No, you need to pull the driver side axle hub, then get a special puller to remove it. I had thought you already had done with your infamous cotter pin video.

Last edited:
i really have no clue what i am doing here :oops:
...but a novice wrencher am I with a steep learning curve coupled with mobility issues :confused: that are most often a major hindrance upon I

Back