a new chapter begins... the road to 400k

gasket sealer on water pump
how long before it starts to weep pink

miles of usage vs. years time-elapsed
or does that even matter?

Packed on a good 300 taco miles on a rainy day out into the cornfields, or what used to be fields of corn. It looked as though it had all been harvested

I saw on a uTube that one of those tensioners broke while doing a timing belt on a gen3 4runner with the 5vz
The one on my rig is condition: unknown

Last edited:
I saw on a tube that one of those tensioners broke while doing a timing belt on a gen3 4runner with the 5vz
The one on my rig is condition: unknown
Based on your mileage and history.............. I'd suspect all the idlers and tensioner are due for replacement. Probably the belt too.

Tires need replacing sometime after the Thanksgiving holiday
Need to milk them a bit longer

Did some misty wheelin' on the outLaw trail to niobrara
Packed on a good 470 taco miles
Gotta get the most use possible out of that oil filter before I can change it with the skid off still

appears that somebody else out there in Gen1 land is experiencing this odd rattle that just popped up for me this summer

is anybody able to pipe into there for some more deets on the occurence?
especially what ambient outside temp they are experiencing this at
i could only get it to trigger during a hot drive in the 80s and 90s summer heat

got some exhaust bolts to pick up at the dealer parts
shipped in hot from a Kentucky warehouse over the weekend
then gotta wheel it to NE City WalMart to pick up the 6qt smartChange Chevron oil semisynthetic 5w30
unbelievable that NO walMart local carries this stupid oil and gotta travel almost an hour one-way to pick-it-up :confused:

Back