detailing your taco...

looking into a full major engine bay detail and deWeathering that many parts need after 26 years of yota service
not sure whut to do!!!
would outsource some of it if its a Bob Barker deal

You just need a 3500 psi pressure washer with a soap pickup loaded with a degreasing agent.

Stand back a few feet to apply the degreaser. Give it about 10 minutes to work. The rinse with straight water. You may need to get close with the spray wand on the stubborn dirt spots.

Didn't Mr. Barker pass away a few years ago?????

You just need a 3500 psi pressure washer with a soap pickup loaded with a degreasing agent.

Stand back a few feet to apply the degreaser. Give it about 10 minutes to work. The rinse with straight water. You may need to get close with the spray wand on the stubborn dirt spots.

Didn't Mr. Barker pass away a few years ago?????
More like a few days ago, but who's counting.
As for degreasing an engine bay, thats fine if no engine, but you gotta be real careful with a pressure washer with the engine itself still in there. Lots of stuff you can damage. You need low pressure with a degreasing agent, allow it time to work, then hose it off. I've found S100 very safe, plus it leave's your engine sparkling clean.

Last edited:
i would be quite leery of getting much water into all the electrical stuffs
looking into a safer method of using dry ice blasting to clean the wire harness looms etc. that are caked literally in stubborn dirty
then there is the metal pieces that not sure whut type of polishing to do for a sparkly shiny

The wife bought some turtle hybrid ceramic wash for the prius, which seems to be good for a few months. Before that we use arelon tech shine which I thought was much better.

The wife bought some turtle hybrid ceramic wash for the prius, which seems to be good for a few months. Before that we use arelon tech shine which I thought was much better.

i was stunned that Petr is a master Yota tech but drives a damned Mercedes

German cars are extreme and highly cost maintenance or so i have heard

I am thinking of applying some Honda shinetsu grease on the nasty weathered window run channel trim
Used it on the Corolla window seals a couple years back with decent results of keeping weathered rubber supple black and water beading for longer time

1697149245606.png

Last edited:
Started applying the shin-etsu on the passenger run
Cleaned surface first with 91iso on cotton ball
Will give it a see how it go...

i am attempting to do so, just gotta figure out what all is needed and the why and what and how
its a bit overwhelming anymore i can admit

but i have paid attention and taken in for evaluations etc. when strange non-normal oddities pop up
hours spent scouring the interWebs (forums and uTubes) to self-diagnosis, troubleshoot if able to do so, whatever etc. so i know more about whut is going on
E.D.T. taken in they find NOTHING out of the normal operation, not a thing!..cannot replicate the noises and whutnots that I personally hear and/or feel
its total crap...

Back