detailing your taco...

Take it for what its worth...unless these evaluations have cost you a good amount already, no one is going to give you a complete inspection on a 300k mile + truck for nothing.

Last edited:
It has been said before. Intermittent symptoms are the most difficult to diagnose.

Basically, if it don't happen when in the mechanics hands, then how can they diagnose it?????

I agree with tacojoel. You've let problems slide for way too long. Now, you are faced with a series of troubles that easily domino onto each other.

This is precisely why I have replaced BOTH cv axles when only one showed signs of failure. And front wheel bearings. And inner/outer tie rods. And rotors/pads/calipers. Yes, the cost is more, but I know those components are good for another 100 Kmiles. In all total, my spend was below $1000.

Stepping over dollars to pick up pennies is not a successful path.

Good luck getting things sorted out.

axles were only noticed bad when i got under to change oil and filter and saw a big messy... it was a fast one for sure
thot it was engine oil at first from leaky valve cover gasket draining in the back but it was not that at all

i trust in their expertise + experience to have seen it all before and a good knowledge of how everything works and go from there

this stuff does a wonder on that taco frame
makes it all deep black with a purty smell right after application

1699221723530.png

chemical guys
bare bones

I've been using wolfsteins tonneau cleaner, and protectant on just about everything vinyl, or rubber. Seems to be really good stuff. My dealer gave it to me just for the tonneau cover, but I found its good for other stuff like vinyl, plastic, or rubber.

Last edited:
I've been using wolfsteins tonneau cleaner, and protectant on just about everything vinyl, or rubber. Seems to be really good stuff. My dealer gave it to me just for the tonneau cover, but I found its good for other stuff like vinyl, plastic, or rubber.

i am intrigued
do you use it on plastics?

how does it hold up to roadwash?

so i am needing something to sharpen the plastic wheelhouse liners black to ride like a boss

Last edited:
i am intrigued
do you use it on plastics?

how does it hold up to roadwash?

i am needing something to sharp the plastic wheelhouse liners so i can ride like a boss
I guess you missed the part in my post #73 where I said plastics. I use it on my tonneau cover, rear bumper plastics, front grill trim, dash, and door cards. Imo, the stuff is like armor-all, just better.

I guess you missed the part in my post #73 where I said plastics. I use it on my rear bumper plastics, fron't grill trim, dash, and door cards. Imo, the stuff is like armor-all, just better.

i read it again and realise the mistake that i am :confused:

used some VRP to freshen up the wheelhouse liners on the Gen1... they were gittin a bit nasty lookN
will see how long it will last, if it rains NOT TOO LONG i suppose :confused:

i have read heard good stuff about this product
has any you used it with results ?

1709035659051.png

Back