front brakes + rotors on gen2...

I've got eyes everywhere. Plus I'm clairvoyant.

You'll never know when I'm watching or mind melding.

It will be the next installment in the E.D.T. topic once the pics are downloaded :(
About 400$ of damages done with a high probability for more

Last edited:
new front brakes are very very grabby during initial break-in
much quicker stopping than before
must be good

It will be the next installment in the E.D.T. topic once the pics are downloaded :(
About 400$ of damages done with a high probability for more
Chump change compared to what's already invested in that 6 figure 1/4 century old clapped out truck.....lol

Last edited:
how much approximate mileage is to be expected on these new disk pads + rotors
i Know it all depends
8k miles currently on those, should be good for quite a while longer

oh ya they do need change way way before that even happens
Actually no. The pads have wear indicators metal strips on them that make noise when the pad is at its service limit. It will squeal, whistle, or what ever to tell you they need replacing.

Imo, you need to stay at a holiday express more often instead of those sleezy places you've been camping out at.

Well, in nearly 300k miles on my tundra I changed the rear brake shoes once, and they really didn't need replacing, only the drums needed turning. I had toyota pickups since the late 70's...never replaced any shoes or drums on any of them.

how much approximate mileage is to be expected on these new disk pads + rotors
i Know it all depends
8k miles currently on those, should be good for quite a while longer
The wear limit on the front disc pads is 1 mm. When the pads are 1 mm thick, then replace them. Don't go by mileage. Too many factors impact mileage on a set of disc pads. Remaining pad thickness is the guide.

I would rather not have to replace brakes in middle of winter in driveway

Then replace them now.

:rolleyes:

You can replace them anytime you want. Just the minimum pad thickness is 1 mm. They can be replaced at 2., 3, 4, 5 mm.

When you hear them pads squealing, or squeaking, their toast.
And rotors?my '03 tundra had 135k on it and original rear drums and shoes did front about every 40k .I had power stop cross driller and slotted rotors and low dust ceramic pads .it was at least 50% more stopping power over stock. It was real nice pulling the boat. I'm a last minute stopper not a let off and coaster like my wife, lol :)

And rotors?my '03 tundra had 135k on it and original rear drums and shoes did front about every 40k .I had power stop cross driller and slotted rotors and low dust ceramic pads .it was at least 50% more stopping power over stock. It was real nice pulling the boat. I'm a last minute stopper not a let off and coaster like my wife, lol :)
How fast do those brake down from 90 mph to 55 mph or less...

Very nice I put them on all 4 corners of my wife's X3 beamer and it shuts down like you pull the shute it's amazing especially tooling along the highway and you come up on a slow down. They wanted 1300 bucks to do front rotors and pads at BMW garage I got everything for under 400 bucks with new sensors.

Back