front brakes + rotors on gen2...

Most taxing part today was again trying to get that abs sensor plug out
I kept jamming the screwdriver in and tug tug tug
Just wasn't budging much
So if I broke it will the abs warning get lit up??

It's connected to the caliper somehow?
Or the brake line bracket
Or I really don't know now
I saw it unplugged in that uTube video

Those pistons were quite crusty inside on the passenger side also
Probably have to monitor that for seizure
Big coin to pork out on the next brake rotor change

Then why did you need to move the sensor. You can carefully move the entire caliper unit without messing with the abs sensor.

Never have I seen so many stupid wires and plug in a disk brake system :confused:
Got confused a bit

Those pistons were quite crusty inside on the passenger side also
Probably have to monitor that for seizure
Big coin to pork out on the next brake rotor change
I had to replace the calipers on my tundra....they were noted for going tapioca like that. They weren't all that expensive buying remanufactured, or refurbished units...worked better as before.

I had to replace the calipers on my tundra....they were noted for going tapioca like that. They weren't all that expensive buying remanufactured, or refurbished units...worked better as before.
Less than 50$ each??

Umm....I think the locking tab is a push DOWN and not a pry up.

Push the locking tab down, wiggle it and firmly pull. Don't gorilla arm it. There is a weather seal on the connector. The seal is probably filled with silt and fine dirt from the miles of road schmutz.

My Dad once told me the following. "Son, force is always an answer. It may not be the best answer."

Caliper for my Gem2 was around $150.

The girlie with the ink in the uTube stuck a pocket screwdriver in there to remove the plastic connector
That is the only direction I received

Well, she probably always sits when on the hopper too. You following suit?

I certainly wouldn't counsel against observing the part in front of you while doing service work. Always blindly follow Utube.

Yeppers.... Like using a big pair of channel locks to remove a Gen 3 oil filter...............or a big hammer to seperate UBJ, LBJ, tie rods......

Above all, you need to avoid using the correct tool for the task.

You could dig a ditch with a spoon, but an excavator is probably a better tool to use.

Last edited:
Back