How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I don't see any rust on any panel
Can ya point them out for i
Pinch on rockers maybe?
Can't.....t'aint none.

The only rust are a few spots on the rear bumper and on the hitch receiver. Planning on rust convertor for the hitch. Then drop the bumper for a strip and paint, probably take care of the chips in the fender flares too.

The big 3 offered manual transmissions in their 2wd compact pickups. I had an S10 with a 5-speed, that was the only thing I actually liked about that truck!
Those s10s were terrible long haul work trucks with a bench seats in the 90s
That is what my employer had us going out of town in before they bot a fleet of astro vans!

Can't.....t'aint none.

The only rust are a few spots on the rear bumper and on the hitch receiver. Planning on rust convertor for the hitch. Then drop the bumper for a strip and paint, probably take care of the chips in the fender flares too.
Those fenders flates are plastic aren't they?
My relatives '11 single cab are plastic

A few long round-trips to Alaska and back might do it lol
It won't make that trip without a bunch of repairs.

If you go, then be sure to pack some survival gear.

Yes, the flares are plastic. They still need maintenance. Just a bit of paint to cure the parking lot gifts.

Yes, the flares are plastic. They still need maintenance. Just a bit of paint to cure the parking lot gifts.
All I need is a shovel to dig my grave !!?

Doesn't everybody keep survival gear in their Tacoma's ? :)

Attachments

• image1-5 copy.jpeg
    image1-5 copy.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 5
  • image0-10.jpeg
    image0-10.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image3-5 copy.jpeg
    image3-5 copy.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image4 copy.jpeg
    image4 copy.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image5 copy.jpeg
    image5 copy.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 4
Well I keep a First-Aid kit behind the seat of mine! Does that count? Lol!
It sure does Taco Man. I will probley never use any of the things I keep in the cab for "Just In Case" situations but the feeling of having them on hand Justin Case you need them make me feel confident as I'm rolling down the highways that's all.

Quick question; Do you all say 1st gen or gen1, 2nd gen or gen2, etc, etc. The reason I ask is I just got off the phone with my Navy son (the one that bought a 2005 Tacoma with major frame rust) as he's driving from Virginia Beach to St Louis tonight, and he kept referring to not only his Tacoma, but all Tacomas as in "gen1, gen2, gen3", where I was referring to Tacomas as 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, etc. I'm not trying to get down in the weeds on this but I really want to go with the flow of what to call them to fairly communicate proper terminolgy with all Tacoma owners. Im a generation X and he's a generation Millennial and maybe that has something to do with it. What do you guys call a Toyota Tacoma by generation ?

Back