How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Making my rounds today when the wife asked me to get some more of her favorite spirits. I pull into the spirits store and spot a clean shaven gen3 super white Sport with a nice bed cover. Pretty sure a Millennial owns this pickup truck judging by the decals on the rear window….

Attachments

• 668264AD-79BB-495C-8F02-B3333C5438DB.jpeg
    668264AD-79BB-495C-8F02-B3333C5438DB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
So after the spirits store its off to the Mall. Sure enough, I spot a great-looking 2002 gen1, SR5, 2WD and I'd say those license plates were made the same year as the truck. Really good shape.

Attachments

• B5920D24-675E-4D91-8C7F-A9240CFC9B91.jpeg
    B5920D24-675E-4D91-8C7F-A9240CFC9B91.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 8
  • 72972572-837F-4121-94C9-A364923D7A94.jpeg
    72972572-837F-4121-94C9-A364923D7A94.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
So after the spirits store its off to the Mall. Sure enough, I spot a great-looking 2002 gen1, SR5, 2WD and I'd say those license plates were made the same year as the truck. Really good shape.
I guess I'm showing my ignorance here but what is an SR5 exactly? That doesn't appear to be a prerunner, it looks more like my base model 2wd.

SR5 used to mean Sport Rally 5-Speed in the old days, not sure if its the same meaning now

the last true SR5 Taco was made in 1997, after that it became the limited

https://www.google.com/search?q=wha...i57j0i512l9.5913j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Sport Rally 5

With this vehicle, you get both off-road prowess and a vehicle that can handle heavy-city traffic in one vehicle. One of the most popular 4Runner trims is the Toyota 4Runner SR5, but not many of our Washington customers know what SR5 means. It stands for Sport Rally 5.Apr 29, 2022

Came out of the stop&shop from grocery shopping this morning to fine a guy with a beautiful cement gray loaded ridgerunner parked next to me gawking at my tacoma as it towered over his. The double cab on those ridgerunners are massive. I was kind of shocked how low the ground clearance was vs my truck. All in all the Honda looked to be a better put together vehicle, I just wouldn't take it off road.

I have a couple pics that I took this morning that I'll be posting as soon as my dumbphone lets me! Ugh! One is was parked outside a Chipotle, I think it's a pre '95 because the fuel door is on the passenger side but I don't know! Like I said I will get them posted as soon as my stupid dumbphone lets me!

I have a couple pics that I took this morning that I'll be posting as soon as my dumbphone lets me! Ugh! One is was parked outside a Chipotle, I think it's a pre '95 because the fuel door is on the passenger side but I don't know! Like I said I will get them posted as soon as my stupid dumbphone lets me!
Post the pictures. If it's a gen1 or pre-Tacoma, Jay will know what year it is ;)

I see this little jewel every morning on my way to work parked outside a Chipotle while driving down the Hwy. 80 service road in Mesquite! I figure the guy it belongs to probably works there! Anyway I decided to whip in there real quick this morning and snap a quick pic of it!

I noticed the fuel door is on the passenger side and remembered Jay saying the pre '95 had the fuel door on the passenger side! So I'm thinking pre '95 maybe?? Hopefully either Jay or TacoJoel can chime in on this! Oh btw it's a V6 4wd!

Attachments

• 20230317_100140.jpg
    20230317_100140.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I see this little jewel every morning parked outside a Chipotle while driving down the Hwy. 80 service road in Mesquite!
Oh my my my. Hmmm. So beautiful. That is not a Tacoma TacoMan. That is between a 1990 and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck and the only reason I know that is because my middle son had a 1990 with near exact looking graphics. Manuel hubs, steel wheels, and same windows as well. This is an absolute classic. I may be off a year or two but I'm sure JayQQ97 will keep us honest when he sees it.

Oh my my my. Hmmm. So beautiful. That is not a Tacoma TacoMan. That is between a 1990 and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck and the only reason I know that is because my middle son had a 1990 with near exact looking graphics. Manuel hubs, steel wheels, and same windows as well. This is an absolute classic. I may be off a year or two but I'm sure JayQQ97 will keep us honest when he sees it.
I added some extra wording to this post!

I have an updated pic of that 2nd gen at work that I started to post but my dumbphone went nuts again! Ugh! Will get it posted as soon as possible!

So no liquor store run for the wife today, she opted instead for a bowl of broccoli & cheddar soup at McAlester's. Pulled into the parking lot and spotted a dark silver gen2 extended cab with a wonderful looking bed cover. And a 6-foot box…. Man, I really miss those long beds.

Attachments

• IMG_1859.jpg
    IMG_1859.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 6
And then i leave Mcallister's for my Friday special Lent season Arby's fish sandwich (I'm not kidding you atheist day-dreamers) and I pull up beside an unbelievable gen3 cement gray 4-door Taco with a throw-back to the 70's "Roll-Bars". But they don't look like the old ones, these new roll-bars added a twist; It's now a 6-point connection roll over ball compared to the old 4-point connection. And it has a little cool fill-in for the sponsor. I say yuck ! Takes up to much bed space for loading/off-loading chit into your bed.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Back