How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

I came out of the grocery store early this morning parked in my usual spot. Was surprised to see a brandy new trd cement gray tundra pulling in next to me. Those trucks are massive making my tacoma look like one of those miniature die cast toy trucks . I couldn't believe how quiet that tundra was running. I've heard 4 bangers that were noisier.

I came out of the grocery store early this morning parked in my usual spot. Was surprised to see a brandy new trd cement gray tundra pulling in next to me. Those trucks are massive making my tacoma look like one of those miniature die cast toy trucks . I couldn't believe how quiet that tundra was running. I've heard 4 bangers that were noisier.
****, my 2023 Tacoma engine is loud. I guess I’ve been used to a quieter vehicle and I’ve never had a Tacoma

Same here for my 2020 v6. It's not what I'd say loud, but just different. Its got a mini diesel ring to it.
Yeppers, any gasoline engine with direct injection will sound like a mini diesel, some more so than others. The engine cover on my 3-Series has super-dense foam on the underside to quiet down the injector noise. On the plus side, one could use the engine cover as a bullet proof shield...

Reminds of the line in that George Jones song that goes "I stopped off at the Quick Sack for some beer and cigarettes..."! Lol!
That's exactly the song that was in my head when I saw that Tacoma. Ole George Jones "the possom." "The one I loved back then". Hey Taco Man the wife and I are up at Windstar tonight. She hauled in $642 on the slots and I lost my a$$ on the Roulette table…. $167…. again…..

Frame looked decent on that gen2 so it was probably a replacement under the warranty but perhaps not I only looked in the rear wheelhouse area

That's exactly the song that was in my head when I saw that Tacoma. Ole George Jones "the possom." "The one I loved back then". Hey Taco Man the wife and I are up at Windstar tonight. She hauled in $642 on the slots and I lost my a$$ on the Roulette table…. $167…. again…..
Ole George The Possum! They broke the mold after him along with many others like Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck, Charlie Daniels, Charlie Pride, Merle Haggard etc.No one will ever come close to any of them!

On another note it sounds like at least you'll be bringing some $$$$ back home with you that your wife won! It wouldn't be a total loss, just look on the bright side!

Stopped by Taco Bueno today for the wife's bean burrito when I noticed this great looking and well preserved 2009 gen2 TRD Off-Road. Great color that's very similar to the gen3 VooDooBlue. Nice camper shell that matches the pickup truck.

Attachments

• image0-9.jpeg
    image0-9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
OK, Tex... I was at the Kroger today as well. Parked a little out of the way, no one else around. Came back out, and all I had parked close to me was an old, clapped out, four-door Chevy Lumina. Now, either you are lucky, or you are just stalking other Taco owners!! :p
Lol! Funny! I don't think I've seen a Chevy Lumina in years! Man if you're looking to have a Taco parked next to you when you come out of the store you must really be sol to have a damn Lumina parked next to you! Are you sure you didn't piss off the Taco gods or something??? Lol!

I'll add to my previous post that I used to work at Montgomery Ward (back when there still was a Montgomery Ward, I'm dating myself here) back in the '90s in the automotive service center! My job was mounting tires, oil & lube, and replacing batteries, charging batteries! I remember replacing the battery on a freaking Lumina was a pain in the a$$! The battery was located directly under the washer fluid reservoir, so naturally the reservoir had to be removed to gain access to the battery! Like I said it was real pain in the a$$ just to replace the battery! I hated those things!

Back