is this nothing more than just surface rust?

taco rusty has certain characteristics that others do not seem to have.

last week at the dealer in Sioux City I was checking out those newer slightly used gen3 trucks like you told me about
couldn't believe the amount of rust building up where one can see and they STILL want more than 30 thousand dollars for that jazz
I'm curious......

What are the "certain characteristics" particular to Tacomas???? Rust is rust. Accelerated by water, salt and dirt.

You know.... Exposure to weather.

That TX truck looks like its had recent outer tie rods, LBJ and cv axles. Looks like its been maintained.

Taco rust, at least on gen1, looks like bran flakes?
There is yer certain characteristics

The part that goes into the hub is not roached with rust like that
The blue could be funky tape for all I know

wow! ...honestly i just do not get this at all
this is that New Jersey taco again
whut the Fukk do they put on the roads there in the winter
maybe it drove in the seashore high tide??
and was not ever rinsed, nerver
whutt???

1698317337797.png

check this out
it was a replacement frame from '12
how the F does a cab mount get roached such as that if it was part of the new frame

wow! ...honestly i just do not get this at all
this is that New Jersey taco again
whut the Fukk do they put on the roads there in the winter
maybe it drove in the seashore high tide??
and was not ever rinsed, nerver
whutt???

View attachment 41289
Pretty typical here for a 10 year old vehicle to look like that if not protected in some way.

do you live by the ocean like they do in NJ?

do you all get SERIOUSLY cold below zero with big ice from fast dropping temps like here when they have to pull out the massive liquid chemicals that work well ti destroy ice in temps well below zero degrees fahrenheit

i see that big Alberta clipper coming on down from the north and say mamma mamma give me 25 below zero F with a good gust of windy o_O that sucks your breath away

do you live by the ocean like they do in NJ?

do you all get SERIOUSLY cold below zero with big ice from fast dropping temps like here when they have to pull out the massive liquid chemicals that work well ti destroy ice in temps well below zero degrees fahrenheit
Not everyone here lives by the ocean just as in New Jersey, but we're not that far away. I'm about 75 miles away from the long island shore.

Not everyone here lives by the ocean just as in New Jersey, but we're not that far away. I'm about 75 miles away from the long island shore.

i do not honestly believe THAT amount of rott can happen in that short amount of time unless you are wading the truck through high-tide salty ocean water frequently

i do not honestly believe THAT amount of rott can happen in that short amount of time unless you are wading the truck through high-tide salty ocean water frequently
Believe it. Our roads, and highways are really wet several months a year, or very slushy from December to April where they are heavily salted, or brined. Lots of vehicles travel north also where it's just as bad during winter. A 3 year old vehicle will have plenty of surface rust starting.

Believe it. Our roads, and highways are really wet several months a year, or very slushy from December to April where they are heavily salted, or brined. Lots of vehicles travel north also where it's just as bad during winter. A 3 year old vehicle will have plenty of surface rust starting.

the operator of that rig in NJ did admit to putting FF on the frame but totally spaced spraying the cab mounts on the replaced frame

Back