needing a new MT clutch procedure

you know this odd rattlings seems to only be happening in a certain RPM range on acceleration when its all heated up

could it very well be just that carrier bearing between the two half-shafts on the driveline

i was forced to grease that up myself the other day, dealer service dept in Topeka wanted 150$ to send it down the line because the oil changers were NOT qualified to grease the driveline WhutDAFuKK???

i had extra room now underneath and checked that carrier bearing and its sorta floppy on the rubbery part is sagging some
but IDK how is that to be monitored for vibes when on the roll??

i have already porked out good money to tranny shop to diagnose this odd rattle halfyear ago when it 1st popped up
and THEY could NOT find CRAP... said it was just exhaust hangar or something vibin'
:confused:

If you really wish to know, and stop the guessing game, take it to a shop, and have a tech check it out. Obviously you can go online and get reviews first.

If you really wish to know, and stop the guessing game, take it to a shop, and have a tech check it out. Obviously you can go online and get reviews first.

but i have taken it in
on several many occasions
then i leave disappointed , pokcets emptied, and no REAL conclusion on what exactly to replace
just throw new parts at it until it goes away is all i can figure out :confused:

just like these brakes
took it to a brake shop, explained what was going on
the master brake guy said it was the rear drums so had those resurfaced
but the problem did NOT go away
and he said he gave it all a thorough inspection
but i do not think he really did :confused: because i got front brake pad measurements at the dealer a few days later that I was told were fine by the brakePlus shop

at least the inspection was at no extra cost to me

i've heard them say that nothing is found to be wrong
the clutch is working just fine one place said
so what is the issue?

i am at my wits end at times with these hackShops

i DID drive that master-diagnosed clutch-bearing rattle (3 years ago)
until whut was actually rattling finally BROKE out and launched into a moving engine fan blade :confused:

Last edited:
i DID drive that master diagnosed clutch bearing rattle (3 years ago)
until whut was actually rattling finally BROKE out and launched into a moving engine fan blade :confused:
I can't read another post about the incompetence in the workplace, there was a time when a man took pride in his job,
Now, it's "ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA" and people feel proud to say that,
We don't make anything anymore and soon enough, won't be able to turn a dang wrench

I'm not so sure if its the incompetence of the shop. There is a common denominator in all of those "hack shop" issues. The owner.

I find it hard to believe that every shop that owner visits is incompetent. IMHO, that particular owner won't be happy until he hears what he wants to hear. Until then.......all shops will be labeled as "hack" or "slop" shops by this individual.

FWIW, there are many products made in the USA. You just won't find many USA made products in big box stores like Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Target......
You will need to go specific retail stores that will be higher priced. The quality of the product may or may not be comparable.

Another point to consider. The off-shore produced goods keep prices lower allowing the consumer to afford the latest and greatest gadget on the market.

Trust that finding a burger flipper earning $15/hour in an off-shore burger joint will be a long and fruitless search. My point. Americans are pricing themselves out of competition.

I'm not so sure if its the incompetence of the shop. There is a common denominator in all of those "hack shop" issues. The owner.

I find it hard to believe that every shop that owner visits is incompetent. IMHO, that particular owner won't be happy until he hears what he wants to hear. Until then.......all shops will be labeled as "hack" or "slop" shops by this individual.

FWIW, there are many products made in the USA. You just won't find many USA made products in big box stores like Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Target......
You will need to go specific retail stores that will be higher priced. The quality of the product may or may not be comparable.

Another point to consider. The off-shore produced goods keep prices lower allowing the consumer to afford the latest and greatest gadget on the market.

Trust that finding a burger flipper earning $15/hour in an off-shore burger joint will be a long and fruitless search. My point. Americans are pricing themselves out of competition.
Unions, they will bleed a company dry, sending their manufacturing jobs overseas to cheaper labor costs and putting more Americans out of work
Even FORD, their latest commercial appears proud to state "ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA" knowing damn well that those components were manufactured by foreign manufacturers with cheap labor and fossil fueled energy
We are being played American

Unions, they will bleed a company dry, sending their manufacturing jobs overseas to cheaper labor costs and putting more Americans out of work
Even FORD, their latest commercial appears proud to state "ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA" knowing damn well that those components were manufactured by foreign manufacturers with cheap labor and fossil fueled energy
We are being played American
Imagine what that $50K Ford pickup would cost if it was ALL made in USA. Likely push up to $80k or more.

Would you still purchase it???

Big difference between "Made in USA" vs "Assembled in USA" There are Federal Laws defining these terms, known as Country of Origin laws.

There was this china-made wheel bearing that failed a bit after 5k miles
It was either an extremely pusspoor part
Or the slopshop in competence of not torquing axle nut to spec
Hell I found the incompetent sloppy tech did not even bother to remove broken cotter pin on ubj and ote, just left them unpinned

There was this china-made wheel bearing that failed a bit after 5k miles
It was either an extremely pusspoor part
Or the slopshop in competence of not torquing axle nut to spec
Hell I found the incompetent sloppy tech did not even bother to remove broken cotter pin on ubj and ote, just left them unpinned

How could the joints be "unpinned" if the cotter pins were not removed???????

Broken cotter pins rusted and seized inside the castle nuts were just left in there

It only take a couple extra minutes to knock the old rusted cotter pins loose. Hard to believe anyone that calls themselves a tech would let this go. Its like leaving the lug nuts on a wheel loose.

It only take a couple extra minutes to knock the old rusted cotter pins loose. Hard to believe anyone that calls themselves a tech would let this go. Its like leaving the lug nuts on a wheel loose.

would you punch them out or get a drill them out where they are seized inside?

Back