needing a new MT clutch procedure

Never heard that. A buddy of mine had a silver 97 t-100 6 cylinder. By 2005 it had severe rust issues.

one time i checked the MSRP on the top T100 for 1997

WAY more expensive than my SR5 was
by many thousands $$$ IIRC

If they were built in Japan, yeah back then there was a tariff. I know the first tundras that were being made here in Illinois were around late 99.

Never heard that. A buddy of mine had a silver 97 t-100 6 cylinder. By 2005 it had severe rust issues.

that Chicago T100 in the video has 'mild' rust issues underneath
and a panel spot on the rear left wheelwell fender area

Pretty amazing. I have not seen one on the road here in many years. Last one I saw basically had no body left.

looks like ima gonna have to nurse this clutch a bit longerrrrrrrrrr
cannot get into the clutch shop now until Nov-30-23 and hoping that clutch pressure cover part on backOrder is in stock by then

Hard to believe those parts are on bo, but then again your dealing with an antique.

yes yes and yes
afaik the 2oo4 MT uses the same part?

perhaps many to all MT Gen1 tacos out there are having clutch issues :eek:

i am going to give McGeorge Yota parts a call and check if they have a backOrder on their system as well

Glad I dumped those manuals years ago in my Toyota's. Doing a clutch replacement was a major pita. Much easier doing 4 qt drain, and refills on their auto's when needed.

i learnt yesterday the Gen1 AT is just a 4 speed and getts horrific gas mileage compared to the 5speed manual :)

i learnt yesterday the Gen1 AT is just a 4 speed and getts horrific gas mileage compared to the 5speed manual :)
If that auto 4 speed was anything similar, as the one in my gen1 tundra, while it worked great, but running at 2200 rpm 70 mph, this tundra never met a gas station it would pass. Whether towing 2500 lbs, you averaged 13-14.5, and 16-17 mpg unloaded with that v8. My 2020 v6 tacoma gets nearly 19 mpg towing the same trailer, and 23 unloaded.

took the old taco up the steep 880 Iowa from the depths of the Missouri river valley
its a clean grade up with minimal traffic and well-surfaced road
half-mashed from 65 to 90 mph it was smooth and steady climb in gear #5
NO slippage of the clutch that could be observed, although a slight chattery still
this old n' tired clutch could just make it another 100k miles
betcha?

Could it be just the carrier bearing chatter?
Its old flabby with sum play init

? real maintenance = keeping fluids changed on scheduled, tires rotated, stuffs like that
so cannot blame any noisy on this most certainly
this other stuff is NON-routine stuffs

Real maintenance is fixing an issue before it becomes a larger one. Changing fluids is commonsense, like doing an oil change...fluid changes are listed in the manual as the owner being able to do it.

i am taking a crash course, literally a crash course, in Gen1 Taco maintenance, upkeep + repair
its a very steep learning curve...

Back