needing a new MT clutch procedure

I will have to find a pic lol

The slave cylinder for the clutch fork is in front of the rack looking towards the front wheels

ordered rest of OEM parts for the new clutch at sale 46 per cent off MSRP. not shabby at all!
the disk and plate are both reMan parts for some reason

less than 20k to go to make it to 1/3rd million miles on original clutch parts (ex-hydraulic)
if only it were not for that other leak that popped up in May :confused:

Not a fan of remanufactured parts, when your doing your own work, but I guess if their toyota ones, they must be alright.

@tacojoel..... c'mon.

He has trouble with a simple oil change or installing new spark plugs. Seriously, doubt he will tackle the clutch.

He's working on his fuel tank...at least I got the impression he is.
If he is working on the fuel tank, then why the post on the clutch costs????

You know..... I have a 10"/254mm Crescent adjustable wrench. Its dual units, metric on one side, SAE on the other. Just need to flip over to fit the fastener at hand.

Oil filter change on this 5VE is not simple In the least
There is a reason I have not ever changed that filter by my own hands until now
But no way was I gonna pork out over 400$ estimated to change a lower weepy coolant hose

Oil filter change on this 5VE is not simple In the least
There is a reason I have not ever changed that filter by my own hands until now
But no way was I gonna pork out over 400$ estimated to change a lower weepy coolant hose
You'd really like doing an oil change on these new gen3 3.5 engines. Toyota dealer here want's $160 for a 6 + qt synthetic oil change that I can do in a 1/2 hr. It's no wonder they call them stealerships. Your way better off if you can find a good independent shop to do this stuff.

You'd really like doing an oil change on these new gen3 3.5 engines. Toyota dealer here want's $160 for a 6 + qt synthetic oil change that I can do in a 1/2 hr. It's no wonder they call them stealerships. Your way better off if you can find a good independent shop to do this stuff.
Oil change is very simple on the 3.5. as is the 5vze

Is it the flywheel then that making the chatter usually under 2k rpms and acceleration uppa incline
That's likely the pressure plate if there is slippage too. Most likely if it's only chatter with no slippage, it's either the pilot bearing or throw out bearing.

That's likely the pressure plate if there is slippage too. Most likely if it's only chatter with no slippage, it's either the pilot bearing or throw out bearing.
Throwout bearing is definitely making a small chatter now
You can hear it in the video I made today In another thread
I slightly tap the clutch and the noise goes away!

There's No real slippage yet that can be detected
Just noticing weird pressure sometimes after long and hot 400 to 500 mile runs

Th

Good clutch kits come with with everything except the flywheel. It's best to just replace it all at once, and when you do it, replace the rear main seal also. Only replace the circular seal unless the housing gasket is leaking.

That's likely the pressure plate if there is slippage too. Most likely if it's only chatter with no slippage, it's either the pilot bearing or throw out bear
I doubt it's only the flywheel making the noise. The flywheel really only gets damaged/badly worn when the other clutch components are failing.

Back