Tacoma World vs Tacoma Forum

I'm more into their ice tea in those temps.

their iced tea, (which i have 2 free ones coming from points) are just not the best :confused:
imo.
i tried the green tea and it was not any better

i tried it with sugar
tried it with blueberry or raspberry flavouring added
still not the best as what i can make on the counter to order
strong, bold, flavourful, thirst quenching with a gasp

their iced tea, (which i have 2 free ones coming from points) are just not the best :confused:
imo.
i tried the green tea and it was not any better

i tried it with sugar
tried it with blueberry or raspberry flavouring added
still not the best as what i can make on the counter to order
strong, bold, flavourful, thirst quenching with a gasp
Maybe it depends on the location? At any rate anything cold tastes good to me when it above 90, and humid.

Haven’t had an email notification in awhile. I bet the ban hammer swung my way again
So found my way here after getting banned there a few days ago. I'll settle in here for a while and see how it goes.

In all fairness I did post a pic that was a little over the top. But what really got me in trouble was a newbie came there inquiring what his Tacoma would be capable of off-road. At some point a couple people came in and started making dumbass comments, like " make sure you're the first to drive it into the lake, make sure you're the first to drive it off a cliff, blah, blah, blah". I basically told them to f off. So this mod PM's trying to tell me how I could handle the situation better. So I replied if they would do a better job of moderating the form and put a stop to all the childish stupid post those kind of things wouldn't happen. BANNED

Surprised a mod even told you anything, Every time I got banned I never got a reason. Even for life. Usually getting banned is a reference to posting something political, or you stroked someones ego the wrong way.

Surprised a mod even told you anything, Every time I got banned I never got a reason. Even for life. Usually getting banned is a reference to posting something political, or you stroked someones ego the wrong way.
I've thought about the fact that this mod really seemed to be taking the side of a "trouble maker", but it does make sense. They advertise, what do advertisers want to see? Traffic. So it's not in their best interest to run off posters looking to flame and such. I go there and post a couple times a day or so asking a question or trying to help someone out. A flamer spends his day there trying to start a war. If he does then even more traffic posting back and forth. The flamers are their bread and butter.

Should there be a name change
To attract more members, if nothing else
Something bigger and better than 'world'
Perhaps UNIVERSE!

I've thought about the fact that this mod really seemed to be taking the side of a "trouble maker", but it does make sense. They advertise, what do advertisers want to see? Traffic. So it's not in their best interest to run off posters looking to flame and such. I go there and post a couple times a day or so asking a question or trying to help someone out. A flamer spends his day there trying to start a war. If he does then even more traffic posting back and forth. The flamers are their bread and butter.
I tend to somewhat agree, but they seem to get the major amount of accounts when it comes to these forums, so they can pick, and choose who needs to get banned.
When it comes to this forum, I like it far better, even though I sometimes feel like an outlaw to be here.

I tend to somewhat agree, but they seem to get the major amount of accounts when it comes to these forums, so they can pick, and choose who needs to get banned.
When it comes to this forum, I like it far better, even though I sometimes feel like an outlaw to be here.
I haven't been here long enough to know exactly how this place is ran, but if they're not going to allow the biters and flamers like Tacoma World does TW will always get the majority of accounts. Also it's a numbers thing. I looked at this place while looking at Tacoma world and chose them just because they got more traffic. Now even if they unban me I doubt I'm going back. That place is a CF.

I haven't been here long enough to know exactly how this place is ran, but if they're not going to allow the biters and flamers like Tacoma World does TW will always get the majority of accounts. Also it's a numbers thing. I looked at this place while looking at Tacoma world and chose them just because they got more traffic. Now even if they unban me I doubt I'm going back. That place is a CF.
I found this forum to have more freedom to post what's on your mind, and not get banned because you hurt someones feelings, or got too political.

I found this forum to have more freedom to post what's on your mind, and not get banned because you hurt someones feelings, or got too political.
I try to not say things to hurt people's feelings (unless they ask for it), and I learned long ago it's best not to talk politics or religion in any form of conversation. Here's the problem with TW. I was in a thread when one of the posters brought up the fact I had used your instead of you're. So I made a response along the lines of "oh great the spelling Nazis". This poster responded with something like "oh wow look how mad I made this guy". This happened a couple of more times, so I went to his profile page and looked at his postings. Almost 2K post, and not one question or a reply trying to be helpful. Every post the guy had made was trying to prod someone into a flame war, or while engaging in said war. You try to ignore it but it just gets old.

I go for their frozen hot chocolate at those temps

But with DDs new point system it could be a thing of the past :confused:

Sounds like an oxymoron. Physically impossible for liquid to be simultaneously frozen and hot.

I'd think you can get the same thing at the grocery store in the frozen aisle known as a Fudge Sickle. Its kinda handy because it comes on a stick, no cup needed.

I try to not say things to hurt people's feelings (unless they ask for it), and I learned long ago it's best not to talk politics or religion in any form of conversation. Here's the problem with TW. I was in a thread when one of the posters brought up the fact I had used your instead of you're. So I made a response along the lines of "oh great the spelling Nazis". This poster responded with something like "oh wow look how mad I made this guy". This happened a couple of more times, so I went to his profile page and looked at his postings. Almost 2K post, and not one question or a reply trying to be helpful. Every post the guy had made was trying to prod someone into a flame war, or while engaging in said war. You try to ignore it but it just gets old.
This is why I find myself going to TW less and less. I've not been banned over there but seems like there are a lot of guys who do just what you're talking about. Most people would call that "trolling" and according to their "code of conduct" or whatever the hell they call it, trolling os a ban-able offense yet some get away with it constantly. It also gets on my nerves how they bitch and whine about the most trivial things. There is a lot of good information to be found over there, but is seems like you have to trod through a lot of BS to find it. You'll find most folks on this forum to be much more friendly and helpful. BTW...Welcome!

Back