The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Usually you'll feel a vibration when that bearing goes.

Toyota still specs all their drive train parts be made with the same quality as in Japan. Even their frames built here by dana will rust just as fast as if in those japanese made vehicles. The only thing better done in japan is they have more attention to assembly. You generally end up with a higher quality finished/put together vehicle. I cannot find any fault with my gen3 made here in texas...its one solid rattle free truck that runs better than any past truck I've owned.
The gen2 is NOT a rattle-free truck
Not at all
GLA!

Last edited:
I should take my old 97 taco into dealer for a trade and wheel and deal on them
I do know one of their technicians would like to have it because of the minimal of rusty onit

I should take my old 97 taco into dealer for a trade and wheel and deal on them
I do know one of their technicians would like to have it because of the minimal of rusty onit
Heck no, they won't give you squat toward a trade. You yourself have claimed these gen1 tacos are priceless commanding many, many thousands of greenbacks. You should be able to unload it for 30 grand in hours.

Heck no, they won't give you squat toward a trade. You yourself have claimed these gen1 tacos are priceless commanding many, many thousands of greenbacks. You should be able to unload it for 30 grand in hours.
and i definitely won't give them SQUAT for a new taco unless some MAJOR guarantees it will not turn into some rattle shiitcan like this Gen2 the relative has
FML

30g maybe stretching it some
in both directions...

and i definitely won't give them SQUAT for a new taco unless some MAJOR guarantees it will not turn into some rattle shiitcan like this Gen2 the relative has
FML

30g maybe stretching it some
in both directions...
Hard to believe the gen2 can be like that. There's a lot of them still around, plus toyota has sold an averaged of a 1/4 million tacos every year. If they got a reputation being that bad, people would have stopped buying them in those numbers. Even my gen1 tundra was a solid truck, and so is this gen3 taco.

It could be the single cab with the nasty wobbly passenger seat when unoccupied which is one of the rattles
Every dang bump it rattles
There is absolutely no fix to it either from sleuthing at that other place

It could be the single cab with the nasty wobbly passenger seat when unoccupied which is one of the rattles
Every dang bump it rattles
There is absolutely no fix to it either from sleuthing at that other place
No issue with the seats in my truck. We had to unbolt a buddies when we installed seat covers he had bought for his 2019 trd or. He claimed his passenger seat would vibrate if no one was sitting in it. That trd was a double cab model, not the access cab like mine. Dealer told him the trd's all have those vibration issues like a real old school truck, that it's normal. The sr5 models are more road civilized, and ride with less quirks.

killin' me.............

glad I finished my coffee......

look at BAT and do. the. math.

not sure what else there is??

Back