The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Took a side trip to my shop this morning going over cannan mt. which is the 1st time I went that route with the taco since owning it. I was in for a bit of a surprise needing 4wd to crawl up this steep icy snow covered dirt road that in places was total ice. Good thing no one has been using that road for awhile. I was lucky I didn't stuff the truck in the woods on those super slick switchbacks. Truck just slid where it wanted to, but at least the 4wd gave me some steering control. At any rate 4wd got a workout.

Took a side trip to my shop this morning going over cannan mt. which is the 1st time I went that route with the taco since owning it. I was in for a bit of a surprise needing 4wd to crawl up this steep icy snow covered dirt road that in places was total ice. Good thing no one has been using that road for awhile. I was lucky I didn't stuff the truck in the woods on those super slick switchbacks. Truck just slid where it wanted to, but at least the 4wd gave me some steering control. At any rate 4wd got a workout.

i wish to wheel that cannan mt.
sounds like a thrilling event
will need to look up the directions to it

Last time I covered that road was years ago in the summer with my tundra. No snow in the valley today, until halfway up the mountain. Totally different world on top going through the woods.....plenty of ice with still a few inches of snow. There's a reservoir up there thats iced over, but you can't go ice fishing on it. Lake I'm on is open thats further nw. Back in the 70's when we had good snowy winters, we'd do a snowmobile ride from a nearby town 15 miles away, using water company land, finally ending up there. Not a lot has changed, just the winters are not what they were.

if this special day were NOT in place then it could be 10 below zero degrees in the middle of July and August :eek:

Just returned from a nice long wet ride with the taco to my accountant's to pickup my tax returns....more money for uncle Brandon, and cousin lamont.....talk about a crime family.

Back