The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Looks like snow is pounding Iowa
So far I have missed the storm
Drive safe, Kansas doesn't clear or treat roads very well
yep......

Looking for 3-6" before its done. Then the temperature drops to minus numbers with the addition of wind. Yaaayyy

Fortunately, the snow bands are fairly narrow. My drive tomorrow should have me out of the aftermath when I'm South of Des Moines.

Just a few miles North of here they are expected to receive 6-9".

Iowa weather is very odd.......yesterday we were above freezing, not by much. Tonight the temp falls to single digits for highs temps for the next week.

The plows will be on the primary roads soon, I-35, Highway 20, Highway 69.... I don't expect to see the city plows until this afternoon. Meanwhile, I prep for my trip, watch the boob tube, groom my dog and keep the sofa stationary. When the snow quits, I'll fire up the ol' snowblower and shovel to clear the driveway and dig out.

Still windy yesterday was better til the clouds came in. But it is nice to have a warm winter for a change. We’ve had them before. For centuries but some folks thinks our planet is going away. I got news for them people. The planet isn’t going anywhere. WE ARE!! Pack your bags folks enjoy it while you can. Cuz after the box who knows what’s going on.

That’s pretty epic jay
It was closed!!! US-34 lots of blowing snowpack, so I had to circle back for an even more epic adventure :eek:
The park ranger told me to try in July for the 5th attempt to get up that high road to the other side
See if my old taco can make it lol

Lots of tacomas of all gens up there in the park, mostly gen3 though
And a buncha dum jeeps

It was closed!!! US-34 lots of blowing snowpack, so I had to circle back for an even more epic adventure :eek:
The park ranger told me to try in July for the 5th attempt to get up that high road to the other side
See if my old taco can make it lol

Lots of tacomas of all gens up there in the park, mostly gen3 though
And a buncha dum jeeps
Jeeps are dumb. Lol. Brand new wrangler. Hood had the center tie down and rubber mooring mounts for a windshield that couldn’t be brought to that “open” position in the first place.

I agree the Jeeps these days are pos! My dad told about a cousin of his that had an old Willys Jeep back in the day, that's when Jeeps were Jeeps! A friend of mine has a '51 Willys Jeep pickup that he put a flathead Ford V8 in, fixed it up for deer hunting!

I agree the Jeeps these days are pos! My dad told about a cousin of his that had an old Willys Jeep back in the day, that's when Jeeps were Jeeps! A friend of mine has a '51 Willys Jeep pickup that he put a flathead Ford V8 in, fixed it up for deer hunting!
Wouldn’t even need a gun. Just run em over!!

Not much to report. Feeling pretty good actually. Took the driver side door panel off. Tightened the speaker mount. I had a bass vibration that was driving me nuts. Only mod left is to run the wire for the cargo lamp. I could drop the headliner and tap into the courtesy lamp. Or wire in a separate switch I have a few months to decide and I do have the switch. So there is that.

Be really careful with the head liner. Very easy to mess it up with a crease or fold. Then you will always have mar.

The headliners are very thin and have numerous hidden fasteners and traps to hold them in place. Just about need to strip the interior to release it.

Probably much simpler and less aggravation to install a separate switch.

Be really careful with the head liner. Very easy to mess it up with a crease or fold. Then you will always have mar.

The headliners are very thin and have numerous hidden fasteners and traps to hold them in place. Just about need to strip the interior to release it.

Probably much simpler and less aggravation to install a separate switch.
I agree / having a switch at the ready. And a spot on the dash panel is making me lean that way. Thanks for the heads up , so to speak, rock. Lol.

When the US border and customs agents want to strip search and rummage through your rig DO you have the right to know exactly WHAT they are looking for??

Only once coming back to the u.s. from Canada did they search our van. They were doing random searches of about every 10th vehicle at that time. They confiscated our fireworks nothing else.
Canadian fireworks are the ultimate!
Of course I really have no clue lol

Back